Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #1

Clear Headlight Modifications

I've got a '01 Boxster S and want to buy clear headlights for it. I have seen many boxsters with clear indicators but very few with the orange film inside taken out, for that complete clarity. I find that if I buy a NON litronic headlight set - that even if you look inside the headlight you can see the orange strip inside (that sits in front of the light bulb). Some people claim to be able to take this out? Am i right in saying this? How can this be done? OR is this a headlight you can buy from Porsche or different aftermarket unit?

Paps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #2

I came up with the word amberectomy.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=178&st=0&#entry534
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #3

Thanks for that. I apreciate the speedy reply. Looks a bit tricky. I dont wanna break anything or burn it but il give it a go! Just one question regarding something you said in that attached post "hack is only for litronic lights"
Can't you buy non litronic and litronic headlights?
Wats the difference: litronic have the halogen and adjustable height?
Non litronic are just like the standard ones that I have except the ones I want will be clear. I can do it to both.
*I know what you mean by not being able to do it to the orange lights (the ones I have)

Last edited by Paps; 12-07-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Paps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:39 AM   #4
porsche986

hi, i havent been here for a while, but i didnt have any problems at all removing the orange film. Heres a little pic below, it makes a really big change.