Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #1

Roof Leak

Hi
I have just bought a 99 Boxter and there is water on floor behind seats.
A lot of water, I was thinking of bathing the kids in there if it warms up soon.
Also how difficult is it to put new clutch and fly wheel in or how much should I expect to pay.

triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 AM   #2

Exclamation

I do not recall off hand the culprit for the likely location of the leak, you can run a search, but get that water out of there ASAP, one of the cars computers is down there and will cause you major headache$ if the water damages it.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #3

There are 2 water drains under the top. Put the top in the service position and make sure the drains are clear of junk, like leaves.

If water has found its way under the drivers seat, remove the seat and the control unit under the seat. If that control unit gets fried from sitting in water you will not be happy.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabel
I do not recall off hand the culprit for the likely location of the leak, you can run a search, but get that water out of there ASAP, one of the cars computers is down there and will cause you major headache$ if the water damages it.

thanks for that

triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote