Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #1

Brake Fluid Flush Proceedure Question

I am trying to do a brake fluid fluid flush on an 00 S with 31K miles. I read in the Bentley manual that to do the procedure correctly on cars with ABS/TC that you need the correct Porsche tool to open appropriate valves in the sytem for a complete flush.

So my question is will I be wasting my time doing the brake fluid flush today using the motive power bleeder and a catch can?

past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #2

I don't have TC so I never tried it and really don't know how important it is. I know that on some other cars, you need to open the valves in the ABS to do the job at all. Porsche also mentions this in their factory repair manual.

I believe others w/ TC have done just the flush w/o the PST2 with apparently no ill effects. Maybe one of them will chime in.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:56 AM   #3

I have the same car, bentley manual and motive bleeder (that thing is so great) and read the same thing. After a lot of research, I found noone bothers with the small amount of fluid trapped by the ABS thingy. I bled the brakes and clutch line no problem - I figure as long as I'm doing it regularly and kick in ABS occasionally it all has to be replaced at some point.

trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote