Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #1

Garage
Need Help! W/Drivers Door Window

My drivers door window on my '04 Boxster S will not stay down (1/2" for top seal clearance) with the door open. It will only go down with the door handle held up. Once released the window goes all the way up which means its next to impossible to close the door and have it latch. The passenger door works fine.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #2

My 03 had the same problem and I fixed it by replacing the door lock P/N 8N1-837-015-C.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #3

Garage
Door Window

I read a couple of other forums and with the trouble shooting I did it came down to the part number you said. The door latch micro-switch has gone bad. It's not telling the alarm computer that the door is open so once I let go of the door handle the door window goes up. Of course you can't replace just the micro-switch, which is only $20, you have to replace the whole lock, $120 from Sunset Porsche.
Thank's for the advice...I'll post after I receive, remove and replace the bad lock.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 04-25-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Of course you can't replace just the micro-switch, which is only $20, you have to replace the whole lock
I remember a Renntech post saying the lock can actually be disassembled to replace microswitches. My car is a daily driver so I just bought the lock instead, but depending on your situation it could be worth trying to repair and only replace if that doesn't work.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #5

Garage
Of course now that I have the lock assembly on order that the window micro-switch is now working. I guess I'll keep it with the rest of my parts and wait for the problem to rear it ugly head and change it at that time.