Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #1

Unhappy alarm problem

i had my only car key stolen for my 1998 boxster. i got the new key and got the car transported to the garage to code it. the problem is that when they tried to code it the alarm went of and the passengers door wont open. the dianostic machine wont access the alarm system it says that it cant it can gain access to all other areas apart from alarm. have been told that the module has broke under the seat. has anyone ever had this problem or got any ideas thanks

nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #2

It sounds like the immobiliser. Its the little bean shaped thing inside the remote. Its triggered the alarm and shut down because it doesn't match the old one.

I'm not sure what the solution is because you don't have access to the original key. There might be a way to reset the immobiliser but I'm unsure how to do that. HTH

paultither is offline   Reply With Quote