Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 AM   #1

wan´t to purchase 986 for Germany - need some market information

hi together,

our 2.5 from 1999 has to be replaced by newer boxster in near future - i´m thinking about to purchase 2.7, 2003 or later type anywhere in US

we would prefer big Porsche center or kind of sportscar dealer with good reputation to buy from - but also from private if everything looks well

it would be nice to learn about some big dealers in advance - if anybody knows some adresses, please let me know your favourits concerning where to buy and may where not....

we´re looking for 2003 - or later - 986 with black body and black/grey or brown interior - full leather must not
less milleage we prefer, also just one pre owner would be very nice
should have tiptronic, all other options and extras do not care very much

if the car is with "maintenance documents" it would be great to check, crankshaft seal has been changed in the past ! think we all know about this little troubling part...

thanks for any information postinmg with this thread here, also for sales offers (if it´s allowed, posting them here) if not please via email "die2webers-ätt-web.de"

br
TOM

TomKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #2

Here is a link to look at Porsche dealer inventories. Unfortunately you have to go state by state and dealer by dealer, but consider it a treasure hunt.

http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/cgi-bin/locator_us_CI.cgi

Personally I've had great success with Woodhouse here in Omaha, Ne and Boardwalk in Plano, Tx (suburb of Dallas), but they may not be located exactly where you are looking to buy. I'm assuming you'll want to look along the east coast. Hope this helps.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #3

You'd likely prefer an East Coast dealer to cut down on shipping. Boston, New York City area, Baltimore, Miami etc

Champion Porsche and Brumos Porsche are very large dealers and are in Florida and they are the first to come to mind

I am sure dealers are discouraged from selling "new" models for export (987, 997) but not sure if they are discouraged from selling older models (986, 996 for instance). What you are doing is exactly what Americans were doing 20+ years ago. Importing "cheap" newish Porsches.

1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote