Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2004, 10:16 AM   #1

door speakers

Has anybody ever installed the factory door speakers on a Boxster that did not have the door speaker option? I was thinking of picking up a set and trying to install them myself. Any thoughts? Pictures would be helpful!!

claudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:15 AM   #2

I haven't seen it myself but i heard the inside of the door panel is different and needs much work to accomodate the speaker housing.
UKBXSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:32 PM   #3

Really, that sounds strange. Why would they have custom panels for the speakers? I know you have to cut a hole for the grills but I thought that was going to be the hardest part.

Anybody else run into this?
Old 11-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Well, you don't just put int he speakers...they come with a box enclosure so that you actually get some bass and mid coming from the door. The "factory" door speakers come with this installed, so its more complicated than just cutting a hole and throwing some speakers in there, that's what he's talking about.

I'm trying to do that to my car too, but I have some severe engine problems to work through first. ;-) Its gotta run before it can play music, I guess, haha.

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #5

Yes, I know that it is not as easy as just throwing speakers in. I am in the process of purchasing some factory speakers, enclosures and covers. Just want to know if there is any problems getting the wires out of the door jams or cutting the panel.

Thanks for the input