Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 05:31 AM   #1
porsche986

I have a request.

I aint sure if this is the correct place to post this question but if its not i think JT will move it:

My brother owns a printing firm and i have asked him to do me a 2005/06 calander just for the boxster. What this means is that for all 12 months i need a stunning picture of some boxsters with copyright ownership.
To do this i need some photos of members boxsters to put into the calander with a full size pic on each month.
Maybe some with the hood up, some with the hood down but taken with breathtaking scenery such as fields, mountains ect.. in the background.

you decide and the best ones will go into the calander. People all over the world will have your picture hung up in the place of work, garage or whatever.
I have seen superb boxsters on this forum.
The best thing about the calander is once the year is finished, the pictures will be excellent quality they can be cut out and framed.

To do this upload your pictures to

www.imageshack.us

and email me the url of the image to boxster@cysatus.com

Dont worry about blocking the reg out as i will do that or just remove the front or rear plate.
thanks guys
the calanders will be printed in a United kingdom and a United States version.
maybe an Australian version also

p.s try to make the picture really stand out. Maybe next to some world famous landscape ect..

the bigger the picture the better!
also i will add to the picture before printing, this example:

California, United States or London, England or which ever is your area

Last edited by porsche986; 10-26-2004 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #2

From my own printing background, I would like to add that the photos must be at least 10+ Mb in size decompressed (when opened in photoshop, not the size of the jpeg in the properties window) to be properly separated for four color work.

A good rule of thumb is that the dpi of the image needs to be double that of the printing line screen. What this jibberish means is that if you open a picture in Photoshop and it's 8 x 10 inches at 300 dpi, it can be printed at 150 line screen, which is nice and sharp for photos in calendars.

Porsche986, you should inquire as to how large the file should be and post it so folks submit photos that will work.

Porsche986, you may want to ask your brother what size the photos should be and the dpi they must have to work for the project. Posting it here will give me a good idea of what digital camera I must use and what settings will be required.

This is a great idea and I'll be the first to buy one!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 04:01 AM   #3
porsche986

Thanks randell, check your PM

I will post the Minimum size required for a JPG image in a few hours
Old 10-27-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
porsche986

sizes

size needs to be around 1600x1200 pixels.

RIGHT CLICK YOUR PICTURE AND LOOK AT THE PROPERTIES. MAKE SURE ITS AROUND THE 700K, if not just make sure its big, but 700k + IS SUPERB!

here is an example below, any standard digital camera would do this size. Its doesnt need to be a perfect size just near enough to the example below.

You can post them here or upload to imageshack and mail me the url:

here is an example picture and size.

Last edited by porsche986; 10-27-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #5

That is beautiful....

Nice shot to whomever was lucky enough to do it.

Scott

mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote