986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   boot space? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15822)

firesnoop 03-13-2008 08:17 AM

boot space?

Hello all,
First time user here. I'm anticipating purchasing a boxster in the very near future, and have yet to get an answer to a VERY important question.

Does a set of golf clubs fit in the boot?

Thanks
firesnoop

Frodo 03-13-2008 08:28 AM

I've heard that the answer to this question is "Yes", but I seem to recall that some maneuvering was involved, the details of which escape me at the moment. I'm sure one of the many golfers on the board will chime in with specifics in no time. Or, take your clubs to the dealership and give'm a try.

Burg Boxster 03-13-2008 09:13 AM

Yes - one set (stand bag) will fit. Might have to pull the woods out and put them in on top but they will fit w/ plenty of room left for your shoes, etc. Some people have even gotten 2 bags in. A full size cart bag will not fit. :)

Uncle Bob 03-13-2008 09:20 AM

I get my clubs to all fit by removing them from the bag. Then the (fullsized) bag fits on top. Up front, I stow my folding trike cart! It's fun to pull up to a course, the guys say "So, you gonna rent stuff?" Then you proceed to pull it all out of the car!

Keep in mind, I have an '05.

jwdbox 03-13-2008 01:13 PM

Full set in the bag- no problem

I have no problem getting a full set (including Big Bertha driver) in a regular sized golf bag directly into the (back) trunk of my 2008. Just put the bag in by placing the end with the club heads first to the recess at the back right edge of the trunk and then ease the rest of the bag in diagonally.

steve00s 03-13-2008 02:05 PM

I get two bags in but have to pull the drivers out and place them in separately. These would be stand bags not cart bags. I doubt you could get two cart bags in.

firesnoop 03-13-2008 02:55 PM

thanks to you all for your prompt replies.

Aron in T.O. 03-13-2008 04:16 PM

from www.986faq.com

rick3000 03-13-2008 04:48 PM

It depends on how big your stuff is, but normally you can fit a folding cart in the front (note that the front trunk in the 987 is smaller than the 986), and one maybe two bags in the back. Then there is always the passenger seat, if your going alone. :cheers:

LoveBunny 03-13-2008 08:51 PM

I was concerned about the trunk space because I have a rolling bag to carry my equipment for work. The salesman assured me I could get it in there and that golfers can fit their golf clubs. I'm actually a little worried though about damaging the paint getting my bag into the trunk because it's heavy. I might keep a furniture pad or something so I don't scratch it.