Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2004, 11:00 AM   #1

Plugged Drain Warning

I had my car in for service with ignition problems AGAIN but they believe that they have found the root cause. The problem was that I had a plugged drain by the battery and it cause water to pool around the battery and other electrical connections which was shorting out my ignition. I would just like to bring this to the forums attention as an area to keep an eye on because this problem cost me over $1,300 dollars. by the way my car is never in the rain all the water was from washing the car. I will post pictures soon.
Automon

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
porsche986

wow, thats crazy! were you jet washing or just soap and sponge?

I had a leaking radiator as porsche wanted to replace it. I removed the bumper, took off the plastic cover, removed the wheel arch and wheel, removed the metal framework and there it was... a rubber end the a pin hole in it. This little sod caused me so much trouble and could have cost me alot of cash!
It only cost 78p from porsche.
when i covered the rubber plug with washing up liquid its started bubbling AGH! i thought this is the problem.

What happended was i crashed around 6 month back which knocked the metal frame up and put a hole in the washer. I am very pleased today.

I am also sorry to hear about your problem i would have never expected that. I will check mine as we have had some shocking rain fall.

cheers!