Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #1

Speaker install

So i received my front speakers yesterday. I didn't go with the Kappas because these were about half the price. I hacked up the old speaker basket and got one new speaker installed and compared the two. The Infinity def. is much clearer than the stock, but the stock seems to have more bass. I haven't soldered the connections yet, just temp. twisted and taped them up. I was wondering if I have the polarities correct since I am using the stock speaker basket I noticed a + on one side of the factory connection, and wired this to the + on the Infinity. Does anyone remember which colored wire is + and -? I don't have it sitting in front of me but I think the + was black and the negative was black/green.

BTW, a dremel tool with a cutting wheel makes short work hacking the old speaker basket up.

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #2

typically the wire w/ the stripe will be the +

did you put them all the way into the dash yet? They'll sound a little deeper once in the hole.
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #3

Thanks Burg.

I did put them all the way into the hole. I switched the wires around to the opposite sides and it did not seem to make any difference. Still for some reason the stock side seems to have more bass.

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the schematics for the speaker wiring colors that come out of the dash?

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote