Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #1

No, I'm Not My Brother

With the warmer weather, people are more interested in striking up a conversation about my car at the gas station or golf course parking lot. Twice within the last week I've been asked if my car is a Cayman. I'm impressed they know it's a Porsche but surprised the name they come up with is a car that's only been around for 2-3 yrs vs a car that's been around for 11-12. Why do you think that is? Porsche doesn't spend a lot on advertising for either model, so there can't be much influence there.

BTW...
I respond (nicely) by saying, "No, but you're close. It's a Boxster! The Cayman is the hardtop version of the Boxster".

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 05-23-2008 at 02:40 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to 6speed
The cayman is a way for porsche to "abuse" people. Becouse I have a boxster becouse it's a boxster, because it was born a convertible . The cayman looks about as comfortible as a shaven cat. The same could be said about The carrera convertible. If I didnt wan't to enjoy top down motoring. Then well I would get a 911 and be done with it. But The Boxster has a special natural convertible look that won my heart!!
.....But thats just my opinion.

Happy motoring,
6SPEED

Last edited by 6speed; 05-23-2008 at 01:54 PM.
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote