Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 07:48 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Strike 2 update

hello guys and gals,

I took my Boxster in for an early service today at Tom Williams Porsche.

I had the oil changed, the wheels balanced and it was given a thorough shake down.

I was greeted by the service manager and she handled writing me up.

The service was perfomed and the wheel balance was perfect.
I did receive a good discount on my service due to the aggravation I've experienced in the past.

There is a new Parts Manager who replaced the Parts Manager who screwed up ordering my tire in July.

I would say the service today rated a 8 out of 10, the wheel balance a perfect 10, the car wash a 7. I left the dealership a lot happier today.

I spoke to the General Manager and he stated they are actively making changes to the staff and improving customer relations.

Hopefully I will not have any further problems with this dealership under the current management.

>> The rest of the day with the Boxster was interesting. Before I left the service drive another Boxster came in on a flatbed totally torn up on the left side. The left front wheel was barely hanging on, a black tire stripe from the headlight to the door, the outer skin of the door peeled back and the dash airbags deployed. I thought it was one that left about a half hour before I got my car back, but it wasn't. No one was hurt.

Later in the day, I grabbed the laptop, got out of the office and went to a Starbucks in a nearby affluent neighborhood to work on a powerpoint presentation. When I was packing up to leave, a guy pulled up to the front of the store in a black Cayenne S. I made eye contact with him and nodded.

Not paying any more attention to him, he surprised me by asking if I owned the red Boxster on the side of the building. I was the first person he asked in the place. He plunks himself down at the table and says, "Have I got a deal for you." Totally weirded me out and went on to say that he had a set of speedster humps from his old red Boxster and would sell them for $350.

He had me follow him to his house about a mile away to show them to me.

They were perfect and a dead on color match and looked good on the Boxster. I snapped them up knowing they cost over $825. He ended up being a well known Architect/Designer in the Birmingham Area.

We sat and talked Porsche and local Architecture. His Cayenne was his 5th Porsche. I went on to say this Boxster is my third Porsche.

Its nice to know some Cayenne owners are true Porsche enthusiasts too. It was a nice end to a long day.

Dave

(bamaboxster)
2004 Boxster, Guards Red, matching roll bars, 18" Carerra light alloys, XM Satellite Radio, Hi-Fi sound package, Becker rear speaker kit, new speedster humps

Last edited by bamaboxster; 10-13-2004 at 07:52 PM.
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:33 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to phrankandbeanz
wow what an awesome day! I would of been all smiles
phrankandbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:46 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Good to hear...maybe now I won't be so nervous about going to that dealer once I move there in ::checks calendar:: 4 days!

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote