Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #1

Problems after O2 install...need help

replaced all 4 O2 sensors on 1999 boxster....car now runs very rough, pops, misfires, no power, stalls...tried unhooking battery as I have done before so ECU would reset to factory baseline and re-learn correct fuel mixture parameters with new sensors....no luck yet...am I missing something...any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....Car is not yet throwing any new codes...I reset CEL with scanner before starting... after sensor install...

cmccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #2

Hey cmccloud,
Looks like you posted twice...anyway, could you put up the codes for us so that some of the folks out there might be able to help??

When I changed out all four of my O2 sensors (1999 boxster), I had the same issue, but did not disconnect / reconnect the battery. I cleared the CEL and after a few minutes of rough idling, my car was fine. I suspect, that maybe you need to check the connectors of each of the sensors. Perhaps one or a few of them may not be connected completely or one or a few of them may be installed backwards.

Also, which O2 sensors did you purchase?? If you purchased the sensors where you had to solder one on....IMHO, it might be where you need to start troubleshooting.

Good luck and keep us posted!

BTW, here's a link of my DIY O2 sensor install:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthre...85052#post85052

Last edited by dcporsche99; 02-08-2008 at 11:50 AM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote