986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   CD Storage Console --- Removal? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14445)

insatiable 11-30-2007 01:30 PM

CD Storage Console --- Removal?

I need advice please on how to remove the console that sits below the radio and has the CD storage and a hold all slot. I have an MY'03 and can't find this reference in my service/repair manual(on CD) also searched this forum without success.
Thanks,
Glenn

Boxtaboy 11-30-2007 04:22 PM

To pull out the CD holder, just push the button of one or two cd slots so that they pop out (as if you're removing a cd from the holder). Then, just grab a hold of those open cd slots, and pull with both hands. The whole cd holder will just pop out. Then, you can pull out the open slot below it by just yanking it out.

To remove the rest of the console (if that's what you're trying to do), just use your hands to pull out the leather panels from the side. They just pull out as they're held in by clips. Then, after pulling out all the leather panels, you will see screws/bolts that you can undo to get the entire frame of the console out. The batwing piece under the open slot just pops out as well.

insatiable 12-01-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
To pull out the CD holder, just push the button of one or two cd slots so that they pop out (as if you're removing a cd from the holder). Then, just grab a hold of those open cd slots, and pull with both hands. The whole cd holder will just pop out. Then, you can pull out the open slot below it by just yanking it out.

To remove the rest of the console (if that's what you're trying to do), just use your hands to pull out the leather panels from the side. They just pull out as they're held in by clips. Then, after pulling out all the leather panels, you will see screws/bolts that you can undo to get the entire frame of the console out. The batwing piece under the open slot just pops out as well.

Thank you very much!!
I'm wanting to bring some wiring from up behind this console to power a nav. unit as I don't like the ugly look of things sticking out of the cig. lighter.
Cheers,
Glenn

Brian in Tucson 07-30-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxtaboy (Post 127167)

I'm just learning this car 10 years old. It's like the center dash and upper console was designed by idiots. Stupid filler stuff where USB & guages could go. A double din modern radio. Glad none of this stuff worked on my Boxster, and I can replace it with cleaner modern stuff.

911monty 07-30-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson (Post 545744)
I'm just learning this car 10 years old. It's like the center dash and upper console was designed by idiots. Stupid filler stuff where USB & guages could go. A double din modern radio. Glad none of this stuff worked on my Boxster, and I can replace it with cleaner modern stuff.

Yeah those idiots really blew it not putting todays tech in an almost 20 year old car. What were they thinking.......Oh wait this thread is 10 years old :rolleyes: