986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   It's a Girl! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14219)

tboyer 11-16-2007 03:10 AM

It's a Girl!

My trip from Kansas to Maryland was eventful. Before leaving Kansas, I replaced the tires and had a local Porsche dealership change the oil and perform a "once over" About 800 miles into my trip, the check engine light (CEL) came on right after a gas fill up. I stopped at a Porsche dealership in Columbus, Ohio to have it checked out. The service manager explained that the problem was most likely due to the mass air flow sensor (of course). I left Columbus without clearing the CEL, a short time later the CEL went off on its own. 300 miles later and right after a pit stop, the CEL came back on and remained on until I got home. My Actron diagnostic reader showed pending codes P1033 and P1275 which are emission related. I spoke with my trusted local Porsche racing shop service advisor who explained that possibly because the car was driven hundreds of miles in a short period of time, the computer may have recognized the difference and popped the CEL because of it. Since clearing the codes, I've driven 50 or so miles with no new issue. I understand from my seller that the emission system was serviced 3K miles ago, he's faxing over the service records to prove that statement. If this is the case, it should be under warranty.

I love this car, the difference between this 3.2 S and my old 2.7 base is night and day. More power, tighter handling, more aggressive sound, it really was worth the pain of selling the old and seeking out the new.

http://www.autumntech.com/2001986S/DSC00207.JPG

All tucked away in her new garage

Frodo 11-16-2007 03:45 AM

Nice ride. (I would say that---see "Finally some pics," posted yesterday.)

tboyer 11-16-2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo
Nice ride. (I would say that---see "Finally some pics," posted yesterday.)

Nce ride yourself Frodo, excellent taste! Love the seal gray.

djomlas 11-16-2007 06:21 AM

its a girl? boxst-HER? thats what some guy over on renntech calls them.

nice looking car, congrats :cheers:

JoshMD 11-16-2007 06:26 AM

Nice, I never really liked those wheels but they look great on your car. I think I'll get them. Do you have to use spacers with them?

tboyer 11-17-2007 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshMD
Do you have to use spacers with them?

No spacers!

Bambino Don 11-17-2007 04:04 AM

Car is looking sweet, loving your signature photo, our wheels are quite similar and i think that style really suits the porsche,

Having the S is awesome, never tried a 2.7 but i even feel that i wouldnt mind the 3.4 newer box s. some extra grunt is missing on over taking in 3rd.

is your car lowered attall???

James

tboyer 11-17-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambino Don

is your car lowered attall???

Nope, straight S factory suspension, I agree, I love the way the rims look on these cars. 19's are crazy though, don't they rub?

djomlas 11-17-2007 03:56 PM

all you're missing now is Porsche center caps :cheers:

tboyer 11-18-2007 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
all you're missing now is Porsche center caps :cheers:

Agreed, the seller is shipping the original high polish 17's which hopefully include the caps in good condition. I'll start there before I drop a couple hundred on OEMs.

ddb 11-18-2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboyer
19's are crazy though, don't they rub?

Beautiful car tboyer! I really like the color combination. Any plans to replace the amber side marker lenses? I think it would clean up the look of the front end.

I'm sure some 19's rub (or even 18's with the wrong offset), but mine don't.

ddb

blinkwatt 11-18-2007 10:27 AM

Nice ride! Gotta love those wheels! What size tires are on the front and rear?

tboyer 11-18-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Nice ride! Gotta love those wheels! What size tires are on the front and rear?

Thanks! 265/35 rear, 225/40 fronts

Brucelee 11-19-2007 07:46 AM

Nice car, love the color.

:D

tboyer 11-19-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
Nice car, love the color.

:D

Thanks Brucelee, car just passed state inspection, however, the laundry list of repairs has just started grow:

- New top (glass of course)
- Alignment
- Coolant flush
- Replace plugs
- Shift linkage adjustment
- Brake pads / rotors

Gotta love buying someone else's trade-in, however, got a good price and buffered in 25% in the vehicle costs to bring it up to my specs.