986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Red Guages - number/letter color? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14185)

Bob Z. 11-14-2007 10:58 AM

Red Guages - number/letter color?

The dealer is not sure - anyone know what color the numbers/letters will be on the factory Red guages (ordered as option with Black interior)?

drburton 11-14-2007 02:32 PM

You could probably find it on the Porsche website. Have you looked at the red gauges in person. I would advise against it, they are very difficult to read.

bmussatti 11-14-2007 05:46 PM

Here they are in Speed Yellow, I have seen them in Guards Red, I just don't have a photo:

Bob Z. 11-15-2007 06:02 AM

Do you remember what color the letters/numbers were on the Guards Red faces? My dealer (Brumos) is supposed to be finding out for me soon - I called PCNA and they did not have a clue.

And I really don't care if I can read them easily since I am just trying to add a splash of color.

bmussatti 11-15-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Do you remember what color the letters/numbers were on the Guards Red faces? My dealer (Brumos) is supposed to be finding out for me soon - I called PCNA and they did not have a clue.

And I really don't care if I can read them easily since I am just trying to add a splash of color.

Bob, have you gone onto Porsche's web site and search dealer inventory? You might find them in red.

They will look like above, just red. Everything else stays the same.

Yes, you are correct, PCNA never has a clue!

Bob Z. 11-15-2007 07:32 AM

Well I just did a search and could not find one with Red gauges...must not be too popular.

Oh well, I guess I'll be surprised when the car gets here!

Bob Z. 11-15-2007 09:14 AM

Found one:

drburton 11-15-2007 09:41 AM

That red sample is from the 986 model and with the thick white numbers the contrast works. The new ones (as you can see from the yellow example) don't have thick white letters so it is much more difficult to see. There are tons of ways to add red accents without changing the gauges. This is just an opinion, but I really think you are going to want to easily read the gauges while driving.

Bob Z. 11-15-2007 10:06 AM

I think that either Silver or White letters/numbers on the Red should be easy to see - I don't wear glasses and my eyesight is perfect and besides, it's only $ (ha ha).

When I find out for sure what color they'll be I will post it here unless someone beats me to it.

porsche986spyder 11-15-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drburton
That red sample is from the 986 model and with the thick white numbers the contrast works. The new ones (as you can see from the yellow example) don't have thick white letters so it is much more difficult to see.

How can that be from a 986 when it shows 2 extra gauges on both sides. We only have 3 unless you do a 996 swap. So I think that image is actually from a 996 or 997??? :confused:

drburton 11-15-2007 12:05 PM

You are correct, it is a 996. You can tell from the steering wheel etc that it is not from the new 987 or 997. Point being the numbers are no longer white in the new models and are harder to see with a red background.

porsche986spyder 11-15-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drburton
You are correct, it is a 996. You can tell from the steering wheel etc that it is not from the new 987 or 997. Point being the numbers are no longer white in the new models and are harder to see with a red background.

Oh, I see. That's to bad because those 996 gauges in red look really cool. :cheers: