Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #1

Leaky top

I normally don't drive the boxster in wet weather, but I've needed to recently because someone else had my other car. But, I noticed that there is a small leak on the drivers side. It's located above the window along the interior support for the convertable top. There's an elbow there and I can see intermittent drops of water falling down onto my shoulder. Is there an easy fix for this? I've heard people say, "All convertibles leak!" Is that true? Any help would be appreciated.

D.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I am not sure about fixing it, I do not know if convertible tops can be adjusted. I would try calling the dealer or search over at renntech (there more technical).
But I can vouch that not all convertible's leak, I have left my Boxster out in the rain, without any leaks, and that was before I got a hardtop.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. View Post
I normally don't drive the boxster in wet weather, but I've needed to recently because someone else had my other car. But, I noticed that there is a small leak on the drivers side. It's located above the window along the interior support for the convertable top. There's an elbow there and I can see intermittent drops of water falling down onto my shoulder. Is there an easy fix for this? I've heard people say, "All convertibles leak!" Is that true? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi

Did you ever get fix for this I have same problem

Mike
bigmike726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Ex Esso kid

First thing I would do is verify that the leak is not traveling from the source down a support bar to the site you experience the leak. Get in the car and have someone else spray it with a hose. Then I would get this stuff or something like it and spray the top from the inside, make sure to test a hidden corner for color change first.

3M Scotchgard Durable Water Repellent,12-Ounce (5700-6) - Amazon.com

Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote