Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #1

Texas area guys! Wurstfest!

A buddy of mine (on the old 911 side of my p-car hobby) is going to put together an informal drive southwest of Austin, ending up in New Braunfels on Saturday November 10th.

Jamie is known for finding the AWESOME roads around Austin, and NOT driving slowly on them!

So if any of y'all want to come on down for a great fun drive, and Wurstfest, I'll post details as we get closer to the event. I guarantee the drive will be a blast! I missed it last year, and I regret it, but I had an excuse - my 911 was (and still is) not really in prime driving condition. Now that I have the Boxster, I have no excuses!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #2

I think I can make it! Wahoo!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #3

That sounds terrific. Keep us posted.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #4

I can't make it on Nov 10th but I am curious about the route to New Braunfels. I find RR1431 really awesome besides RR 2222. Anyway, please keep us posted.
porschedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 AM   #5

That's kind of far away for me, but with enough notice in advance. I may be able to go to this one. I'm in the Dallas/Addison area. Keep us posted.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedude
I can't make it on Nov 10th but I am curious about the route to New Braunfels. I find RR1431 really awesome besides RR 2222. Anyway, please keep us posted.

We'll be on much better roads than 1431 or 2222!

I'll update as soon as we set up a meeting place. It will be that Saturday morning, probably around 8am somewhere in South Austin.

I'll also be installing a new top on my Boxster sometime in the next month or so, if anyone wants to see how it's done. (I also had an idea last night... if someone has a video camera and is good at editing, we could make a how-to video!)

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
Old 09-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
That's kind of far away for me
If it's anything like what we had this last weekend, you don't want to let a three hour drive to Austin stand in the way.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:50 AM   #8

FrayAdjacent,

I am interested to come check it out when you replace your top. Please PM me when you do so. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedude
FrayAdjacent,

I am interested to come check it out when you replace your top. Please PM me when you do so. Thanks!

Absolutely. Anyone who's interested in the top, or in Wurstfest, email me when you get a chance: mqjaustin at yahoo.

It's going to be a FUN drive, I guarantee!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #10

Hi there,

My name is Brian and I'm new to the site. I just purchased a 03' boxster that looks a lot like "timothy" car...triple black with 18' carrera rims...though it's not a boxster s. I live in the Austin area and I'm interested in learning how to replace the convertible. top. Also, I'm always up for meeting new boxster owners in the area. Here's a pic of the new purchase. I'm glad to find a site dedicated to the boxster.
chig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #11

Chig, nice car! Those are the wheels I wish I had! Someday I'll get a set.

Send me an email, and I'll let you know when I'm going to replace the top.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #12

Brian, nice triple black car. welcome to the forum. send me a private message. we can go tear up the road some time or detail our cars.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #13

I need details on when and where for Wurstfest Porsche Car driving in Austin!!!!

It's just a few weeks away, right?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #14

Randall, thanks for bringing this up. I haven't received the details on the meet and drive, but it is still on!

My buddy that is kinda setting this up (this is not an 'official event') hasn't announced the meeting time and place.

I'll post here when I hear! I think it will be a fun event!

Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #15

Hey, I really need to know this event is happening and the times of the event as well.

The wife is wanting to know when we can go to dinner with friends in Austin, etc.

Fray, can you light a fire under your buddies' butt to get the details in order?

I need to know when and where we'll meet (an address and time would be great) and when we'll be wrapped up for the day.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:25 AM   #16

Chig, we must get together in a couple of weeks' time for Wurstfest and get a shot of our cars next to one another. I have the same color and same rims as you.

So very cool, my new friend!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #17

Hey guys,

I might be in town for Wurstfest. I have a few friends heading to NB for the event. I'll have my blackberry on me this weekend me...so please email me at bkchig@hotmail.com if you guys head out and meet up. I would be nice to meet fellow Boxster drivers.
chig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:57 PM   #18

Guys, I'm going to end up missing this... I'm taking the opportunity to go out of state to visit a friend before I start my new job (I got laid off a few weeks ago).

I WILL post here about the event. My friend Jamie should have the plan (times/places) by this weekend)

Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent

So if any of y'all want to come on down for a great fun drive, and Wurstfest, I'll post details as we get closer to the event. I guarantee the drive will be a blast! I missed it last year, and I regret it, but I had an excuse - my 911 was (and still is) not really in prime driving condition. Now that I have the Boxster, I have no excuses!

Sounds like fun! Count me in.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
so what exactly is WurstFest? Is that like some kind of a sausage fest?

02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote