Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #1

My poor Bumper

So today I parked at work in a spot all by lone some and came into the cubicle of hell. When I left for lunch I noticed the car that had parked in front of me was so turned on by the porsche that it decided to try and have sex with my front bumper....

so I reported it and now she is denying she hit my car.....

super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
boggtown

Pictures worth a thousand words....
Maybe a time slip to show you got there first too...
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
pictures will help alot.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
So today I parked at work in a spot all by lone some and came into the cubicle of hell. When I left for lunch I noticed the car that had parked in front of me was so turned on by the porsche that it decided to try and have sex with my front bumper....

so I reported it and now she is denying she hit my car.....
Did you get to see the other car's bumper after it'd touched your bumper? Were/Are there any marks/paint visible? If so, take pics immediately. Also check if any paint transferred onto your car (should be easy, since your car is white), and see if the color matches the other car's color. Also, is there any parking lot video camera where you'd parked your car? (Most places like Walmart etc. do have this). While they may not release the tape to you personally, they have to do so if you have a court order.

With all that, do keep in mind that it is entirely possible that someone else touched your bumper, and upon realizing that, moved their car to another spot. Then, some poor sucker came and parked in front of your car.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #5

unfortunately I rolled the car back first to check the damage....stupid I know...but yeah, they will be able to say who came in first no problem....good idea...

although ultimately I think I am screwed on this one....got to love integrity nowadays....
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
I dont think your screwed, My insurance covers me 100% on vandalizim and theft with 0% liability or at fault to me. Im sure most insurance companies are the same.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #7

oh no....this is the car...it was literally on top of my bumper....pasted together to the point I was like wtf.....the license plate on her car has silver screws protuding and it is lined up perfectly with the screw indentation on my bumper.....I did call the cops to file a report so I'll keep you all posted, right now I have to run outside for 911!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #8

I hate to say this, and I know I will get some flack for saying this, BUT MOST WOMEN CAN'T DRIVE! LET ALONE PARK. Same thing happened to me a year ago at a gas station. I was pumping my gas, when I see this lady pull in front to front and slowly run into the front end of my car. Lucky for me I ran up and stopped her before it became to bad. She had to back up. She could not see over the front end of her car. I looked at her dented up car and realized she was just a bad driver. Her car had been in some kind of a wreck and was still not fixed. I didn't even ask if she had insurance. Judging by the look of her crappy wreck I could tell it wasn't likely. I went home and was able to buff it out. My car wasn't hurt as bad as your sounds.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #9

well you really can't see the damage...its just a head of a screw pushed in.....if nothing else comes out of this, this stupid lady will pay more attention
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
You should have taken a picture first, instead of moving the car. If she denies it just get your time card, talk to the security camera guy, or look for paint on your bumper. You should be able to prove this lady is wrong. I hate people that don't have enough integrity to admit when they are wrong. that lady should get fired!

^ @porsche986spyder - Not all women are bad drivers, (but honestly most are). My sister for instance in her Mini Cooper, is a really fantastic driver. I guess that is what commuting in Southern California does.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
You should have taken a picture first, instead of moving the car. If she denies it just get your time card, talk to the security camera guy, or look for paint on your bumper. You should be able to prove this lady is wrong. I hate people that don't have enough integrity to admit when they are wrong. that lady should get fired!

^ @porsche986spyder - Not all women are bad drivers, (but honestly most are). My sister for instance in her Mini Cooper, is a really fantastic driver. I guess that is what commuting in Southern California does.
even if I had the picture, she would have said I hit her and am blaming her for it....she was pretty mad and the officer was a total d$%k although he was in a no win situation....

still could have been friendlier about it....chalk it up to life....
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Chuck, ill asses the damage tonight after class if you bring it
i still cant believe you park that thing downtown chicago with buncha college kids sure looks better than the rest of the junk in the parking lot hehe.

but from what u are describing, shouldnt be of much concern, but still retarted people are out there and cant park. you would think she would at least move it when she parked it and noticed how close she got to your car.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:04 AM   #13

Super,

Sorry to hear about your car ! I'm glad the damage wasn't too bad. I couple of weeks ago I was heading out to my car from work and I watched this guy back out of his spot right into the passanger side door of another parked car. He then proceeded to put his car in gear and start driving away ! I screamed "Hey" - he stopped, came back, and I watched him as he put a note on the other car with his contact information. The inconsideration of some people up here never ceases to amaze me

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote