Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #1

Looking at 06 911 cab help

Hey, guys looking at a 06 911 cab for my wife, have had a boxster and really enjoyed the car. Any advise or comments are welocomed. Close to buying and looking for anything I should know or ask about. Thanks http://986forum.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=5
Smilie

Bwbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #2

Let me guess she wants a tip and not a manual? The double whammy, a convertible 911 without the stick. For a woman its the way to go.
I think you will get better value with a Certified Pre Owned 996 Cab or Targa.
And personally, the round 997 lights still have not grown on me. The old 911 were cool but its not 1995 anymore.
One thing I really didn't like about the 996 Cab (not sure if this was cured in the 997..doubt it) was driving the Cab on the open highway in a cross wind.
Since they hacked off the roof and the weight is in the back and not the middle like the Boxster, I got this totaly unerving front end lift...I found myself squeezing the steering tighter and easing off the throttle to go slower.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
bmussatti

Bwbanker, just make sure to do a PPI. At a different dealership than the selling party.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #4

I am a big fan of the 997 911, so I say go for it. I will definitely have one in my garage at some point, but not a cab, a coupe.

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwbanker
Hey, guys looking at a 06 911 cab for my wife, have had a boxster and really enjoyed the car. Any advise or comments are welocomed. Close to buying and looking for anything I should know or ask about. Thanks http://986forum.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=5
Smilie
If you have a specific car in mind, do post details so others can chime in. As someone said, make sure you get a PPI. I'd prefer a CPO car if the price diff isn't too much, and you'll end up with the same warranty as a MY2008 car (with the additional 2 yrs).

If your wife drove the boxster earlier, she will find a lot more (straight-line) power, and quite possibly not as much "fun" in the twisties. It does have rear seats. Make sure you also get the wind-screen from the dealer/PO. A boxster I was looking at had a 1.5 inch cut in the rag top, not easily visible. The dealership didn't even know it existed (or so they said), till I pointed it out to them.

bigb is offline   Reply With Quote