Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #1

Gemballa Source in USA?

I've been lusting over several options for my Boxster (2000 S) for several months now to make it look nicer. I love the Gemballa 986 GT side skirts. I got in touch with Gemballa USA and was given a quote of $1,950/pair for them. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper source for these in the U.S., or do you have to buy directly from Gemballa?

Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #2

I can't answer your question, but can relay my recent experience. I live in LA. I got their address in Malibu off their site and took a drive over there. The address does not exist, or if it does, it is residential. So I called and got and no answer (fri noon), but left a message. Monday I got a call back. Said I had downloaded their 986 catalog off their site and said the price list was missing. The guy said he was revising the price list due to change in $ vs. euro. He said he would email me the list in a week or two when he was done. That was a month ago. So far - nada. I said I wanted to see their wheels for boxster. He said there is no showroom. Instead I needed to meet someone at a warehouse somewhere to see them. F that.

I kind of gave up on them when I saw an old Wheel Enhancement ad with Gemballa wheels. I went over to Wheel Enhancement and asked. They no longer carry them due to communication problems.

Just my experience.
brp987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #3

I didn't have that bad of an experience just getting prices on their 986 body parts, but communication certainly was not great. I do get the impression that it's a guy working out of his house. His eBay auctions certainly come across that way too. I think Gemballa is more concerned with selling $300,000 Carerra GT kits than $2,000 side skirts. Still I've seen these side skirts in pictures of Boxsters in the U.S., so people do buy them...
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Doesn't Gemballa sells under the user I.D.'911ava' on eBay?