986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tune-ups this good for mileage? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13950)

conradtan 10-29-2007 07:43 PM

Tune-ups this good for mileage?

I just got my 60K done on my 01 986. I went from getting 300 miles for a full tank to 360 both from topped off to gas light coming on! I welcome the extra 60 miles but I can't imagine the 60K contributing this much. My driving style has not changed, still drive like an a$$. Maybe the wind was blowing behind me the whole time. :D Hehe...

porschedude 10-29-2007 07:47 PM

i assme you got new plugs too. when plugs are new you would get that extra 60 miles but mpg will fizzle off slightly after the first tank of gas. i would guess you may get 340 miles for a full tank later.

conradtan 10-30-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschedude
i assme you got new plugs too. when plugs are new you would get that extra 60 miles but mpg will fizzle off slightly after the first tank of gas. i would guess you may get 340 miles for a full tank later.

I got these things done:
  1. Spark Plugs
  2. Air Filter
  3. Oil Filter
  4. Oil
  5. Cleaned out air ducts
  6. New Serpentine belt
  7. Cabin Filter
  8. Flush Coolant
  9. Flush brake fluid
  10. Cabin Filter

I guess it was the new cabin filter that did it! Haha!! :D In any case, I'm lovin the better mileage!

TriGem2k 10-30-2007 12:01 PM

How in the heck did you get 360miles out of one gas tank in the Boxster?!?!?!

There is no way you were driving like an a$$ and if you were then I defenitely drive like a jack a$$

Edit: This is my 1,000th post!

CJ_Boxster 10-30-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k

Edit: This is my 1,000th post!

Your like the Sammy Sosa of posts and im the Mark Mcgwire.

blinkwatt 10-30-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Your like the Sammy Sosa of posts and im the Mark Mcgwire.

I laughed at that I had no clue what it meant. Care to break it down for me?

bmussatti 10-30-2007 01:04 PM

Tires pressures have an impact on MPG's too. Maybe they were adjusted too.

djomlas 10-30-2007 03:42 PM

this is my 1st post.

how much did that cost you btw?

NickCats 10-30-2007 04:40 PM

blink,

As the 1998 season progressed, it became clear that McGwire, Griffey, and Chicago Cubs outfielder Sammy Sosa were all on track to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. The race to break the record first became a media spectacle as the lead swung back and forth. On August 19, Sosa hit his 48th home run to move ahead of McGwire. However, later that day McGwire hit his 48th and 49th home runs to regain the lead. Griffey had injury problems and dropped out of the competition, leaving Sosa and McGwire to battle it out to #62.

On September 8, 1998, McGwire hit a pitch by the Chicago Cubs' Steve Trachsel over the left field wall for his record-breaking 62nd home run, setting off huge celebrations at Busch Stadium. The fact that the game was against the Cubs meant that Sosa was able to personally congratulate McGwire on his achievement. Members of Roger Maris' family were also present at the game. Memorably, the ball was freely given to him in a ceremony on the field by the stadium worker who found it.

McGwire finished the 1998 season with 70 home runs, four ahead of Sosa's 66, a record that was broken three seasons later by Barry Bonds. Since Babe Ruth had hit 60 home runs in 154 games during 1927, and Roger Maris hit 61 in 161 games in 1961 (not breaking the record until after the 154 game mark), some had quibbled whether the single-season record was actually broken. With McGwire breaking the record in his team's 145th game, he laid to rest the issue of the extended season.

Although McGwire had the prestige of the home run record, Sammy Sosa (who had fewer HR but more RBI) would win the 1998 NL MVP award, as his contributions helped propel the Cubs to the playoffs (the Cardinals in 1998 finished third in the NL Central). Many credited the Sosa-McGwire home run chase in 1998 with "saving baseball," by both bringing in new, younger fans and bringing back old fans soured by the 1994 Major League Baseball strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGwire

So basically CJ is saying he is Mark McGuire with 1878 posts to TriGem's Sammy Sosa 2nd place 1001 posts :D

Nick

bmussatti 10-30-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickCats
blink,

As the 1998 season progressed, it became clear that McGwire, Griffey, and Chicago Cubs outfielder Sammy Sosa were all on track to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. The race to break the record first became a media spectacle as the lead swung back and forth. On August 19, Sosa hit his 48th home run to move ahead of McGwire. However, later that day McGwire hit his 48th and 49th home runs to regain the lead. Griffey had injury problems and dropped out of the competition, leaving Sosa and McGwire to battle it out to #62.

On September 8, 1998, McGwire hit a pitch by the Chicago Cubs' Steve Trachsel over the left field wall for his record-breaking 62nd home run, setting off huge celebrations at Busch Stadium. The fact that the game was against the Cubs meant that Sosa was able to personally congratulate McGwire on his achievement. Members of Roger Maris' family were also present at the game. Memorably, the ball was freely given to him in a ceremony on the field by the stadium worker who found it.

McGwire finished the 1998 season with 70 home runs, four ahead of Sosa's 66, a record that was broken three seasons later by Barry Bonds. Since Babe Ruth had hit 60 home runs in 154 games during 1927, and Roger Maris hit 61 in 161 games in 1961 (not breaking the record until after the 154 game mark), some had quibbled whether the single-season record was actually broken. With McGwire breaking the record in his team's 145th game, he laid to rest the issue of the extended season.

Although McGwire had the prestige of the home run record, Sammy Sosa (who had fewer HR but more RBI) would win the 1998 NL MVP award, as his contributions helped propel the Cubs to the playoffs (the Cardinals in 1998 finished third in the NL Central). Many credited the Sosa-McGwire home run chase in 1998 with "saving baseball," by both bringing in new, younger fans and bringing back old fans soured by the 1994 Major League Baseball strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGwire

So basically CJ is saying he is Mark McGuire with 1878 posts to TriGem's Sammy Sosa 2nd place 1001 posts :D

Nick

Nick, two words:

1) Cork
2) Steroids

djomlas 10-30-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Nick, two words:

1) Cork
2) Steroids

hahah,, i know squat about baseball and dont watch it at all, but i know those too. haha.
by just looking at mgwire you can see something wrong.

rick3000 10-30-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

How in the heck did you get 360miles out of one gas tank in the Boxster?!?!?!
I've done 350+ on roadtrips at 75+ mph. But it is rare.
:cheers:

humara 10-30-2007 08:27 PM

i'm happy if i can hit 250 on my 2000 S.

conradtan 10-31-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas

how much did that cost you btw?

They threw in fixing two cracks in my windshield too, all for a grand total of $937 bucks. Not bad I think especially from a dealer. I don't know about you guys but I regularly get 300+ miles per tank. So getting 360 my last tank was really nice to see! I have the 2.7L motor. I drive fast every time. Guess I have the "good milage" model. :D :D

djomlas 10-31-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conradtan
They threw in fixing two cracks in my windshield too, all for a grand total of $937 bucks. Not bad I think especially from a dealer. I don't know about you guys but I regularly get 300+ miles per tank. So getting 360 my last tank was really nice to see! I have the 2.7L motor. I drive fast every time. Guess I have the "good milage" model. :D :D

hah, yeah you must have that good mileage model :D