Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #1

Cool ipod directly connected to PCM

has anyone tried to install a ipod player usinging a modulator from navinet?

mapleglen porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #2

Not me, I have an aftermarket Pioneer player that uses an iPod adaptor, works like a champ.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleglen porsche
has anyone tried to install a ipod player usinging a modulator from navinet?
What is this Navinet ?

I have a PCM + Cd changer and I was of the understanding that nothing except removing the CD changer OR using FM transmitters could connect the iPod.

I am very interested in a wired setup to the PCM, can you post a link to to the navinet modulator ? that would be great..

Any alternative wired solutions are very welcome... !

Thanks
williamsF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
There a lot of different ways to wire in an iPod. I just put in a powered dock connector that works great for me (check my sig.), but I control the music through the iPod. You can also just put in a universal audio jack.
I am not sure if there is a way to be able to control the iPod throught the Porsche stereo/nav, but it can be done with an aftermarket radio/nav.

Hope this Helps!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
There a lot of different ways to wire in an iPod. I just put in a powered dock connector that works great for me (check my sig.), but I control the music through the iPod. You can also just put in a universal audio jack.
I am not sure if there is a way to be able to control the iPod throught the Porsche stereo/nav, but it can be done with an aftermarket radio/nav.

Hope this Helps!

Sorry rick I dont understand your solution - But Id really like to You say there are several ways of connection a ipod to the PCM. Can you please tell me about more about this, what do you press on your PCM unit to get the ipod audio signal - tape ??

Controlling the ipod on the actual iPod i no problem ... I just read this was only possible with the 1Din becker CD unit and such because there were not extra audio inputs on the PCM unit.

I tried reading your sig but it links to RennTech.
williamsF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Is there a way to get a CDR-210 hooked up to my iPhone mp3 player without using a FM Transmitter?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I was mistaken. There are several ways to connect an iPod to a CDR-220, I do not know about the PCM. You can only do the iPod input like I did with a CDR-220. And my link to renntech is my registry page, where I have an explianation of my iPod hack.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #8

CDR23 , 2003 and 2004 year models

In reviewing a lot of the threads the last couple of days, it is my understanding that with the head unit of CDR23 the only solution for the Ipod is the fm modulator. Hardwiring is not possible, and changing out the radio (unit) would require pulling all the wires since these are optical.

If I am wrong that would be great.

Roberto
robsven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #9

Denison Ice Link

Not cheap.

Todd
1971 911T
tholyoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #10

I have the Denson Ice Link hooked up to my Traffic Pro navigation unit. The big issue I am having is the Volume has to really be cranked up to hear the music, and when I then try to use the Navigation system, the computer voice is ridiculously loud in comparison to the music.

I would recommend another solution.

HammerESQ is offline   Reply With Quote