Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #1

Need help doing OBC + rear speaker upgrade (San Jose)

Guys, I'm in south San Jose, and am looking to do the OBC and rear speaker kit upgrades to my base 2001. I've never worked on my (or anyone else's) car prior to this, so although I've gone over the DIY guides etc., I am hoping to find someone who would like to join (help, really ) me in this quest. It'd be great (in fact, I'd even prefer it) if you need some work done on your car, so we can do this together. I think you see where I'm going with this -- a microlite version of 'work on cars day'

I have all the items needed to do these upgrades (except for a dremel tool for shaping the rear box for the speakers -- not sure if it is absolutely required, or whether a knife will do the trick). I am also well aware that Toolpants would be a tremendous help here, but the poor guy spends so much time helping us all, that I'd like to give him a break . That said, if you absolutely would like to help me out Jeff, I won't refuse .

PS : I don't have a specific day in mind, but am looking to do this on a weekend/evening on a day when its not raining (its supposed to rain a few days this week).

bigb is offline   Reply With Quote