986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Looks like Spam (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13501)

boggtown 10-03-2007 11:58 AM

Looks like Spam

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/438925991.html

I emailed the guy. Maybe I will get lucky :p

blkboxster 10-03-2007 12:02 PM

I bet it is, but you never know.

:cheers:

timothy 10-03-2007 12:42 PM

The description lists a black interior but the photos sure look like beige.

steve00s 10-03-2007 01:35 PM

No way is that for real but wonder why someone would go to the trouble to create the listing. Maybe just a sick joke. My nephew had a friend that listed a Jeep Wrangler on craigslist for $8 and listed his phone number. He had 200 calls the first night.

CJ_Boxster 10-03-2007 01:59 PM

Its a scam, pretty sure the guy will tel you that you need to give him a deposit on the car before you can see it. Or that hes out of the country and its in a garage.

porsche986spyder 10-03-2007 02:02 PM

Must be something wrong with it. Doesn't say how much millage is on it. :confused:

der Geist 10-03-2007 02:06 PM

No way is that for real. He probably would have had 209 people wanting to buy it in the first hour.

Unless the motor is missing.....

My guess is he will start collecting deposits for this and dissapear. Reminds me of the guy who sold the 996 turbo motor on eBay for 7 grand. I think he sold it three times...

Be careful bogg but you never know.

Tool Pants 10-03-2007 03:28 PM

And, color is the English colour. But it is Kansas after all.

Maybe $27,000 is for a picture of the car....

SC986 10-03-2007 03:48 PM

It is NICE though!!!

bigb 10-03-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool Pants
And, color is the English colour. But it is Kansas after all.

Maybe $27,000 is for a picture of the car....

I had the exact same thought about the spelling of coloUr Jeff. Either way, certain spam. Even someone doing a "quick divorce/forced-to-move/some-weird-excuse" sale would never go this low.

djomlas 10-03-2007 07:25 PM

there was a case where a guy sold a PICTURE of a dodge viper for a few grand, and mailed it in. went to court, description did say it was a picture, so he kept the money.

boggtown 10-03-2007 07:34 PM

Ha, reminds me when some guy sold the box of a xbox 360 for over retail, clearly explaining it was only the box in the description. Like at least 2 sentences saying it was only the box, lol.

djomlas 10-03-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown
Ha, reminds me when some guy sold the box of a xbox 360 for over retail, clearly explaining it was only the box in the description. Like at least 2 sentences saying it was only the box, lol.

wow, people need to learn to read. but i guess if you have like 30 of them in ur watch list on ebay, and u don't read them all, its a deal haha

boggtown 10-04-2007 07:42 AM

Heres what I got. lol

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my car. Here are some details I think you may find useful : 2006 Porsche 911/Carrera S Coupe , 12.000 miles. No accidents, no damages, no scratches, excellent condition, full US specs, clear Title, full service history, US supplied car (NOT AN IMPORT) still registered in US.The car is 100% working and looking AMAZING,is like new ,in perfect conditions,accident free, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever,no engine problems and it has been garaged most of the time.I will include all receipts/paperwork along with the car. The price I'm after is $27000, but I am also looking forward to sensible offers. The car can be delivered anywhere in the US (delivery included in the sale price), as the car is now overses as where I've moved recently. I have already arranged for shipping and US delivery with a transport company here that will handle everything on my behalf . Please let me know if you're interested so I can provide you with further details.

Best Regards,
Tony"

timothy 10-04-2007 07:56 AM

Ha! I'm surprised the car did not previously belong to his royal highness Prince Jafar of Nigeria who was unfortunately killed in a cotton candy accident. The car was of course was willed to his brother Tony who needs to sell it quickly to pay for $27k in medical supplies needed by the local hospital.

cartagena 10-04-2007 08:55 AM

Did he say where the car is suppose to be located overseas? Also, "Tony" is a warning sign since that is the favorite Engish name of just about every hustler I have met in Latin America.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown
......as the car is now overses as where I've moved recently.

Tony"

boggtown 10-04-2007 09:12 AM

Lol, I know, my favorite part is the "i will entertain reasonable offers". You you can low ball a $27,000 06 911 even more. LOL

bmussatti 10-04-2007 09:36 AM

Here is Spam

I don't think that is Spam. This is Spam:

husker boxster 10-04-2007 01:05 PM

Play along and act interested, see how ridiculous the story becomes.

I'm guessing he'll want you to wire him a deposit. He'll claim it's protected until you "release" it from Western Union. That's false - as soon as you OK the transfer, you can't hold it or get it back.

Ask how the title will be transferred - my bet is he'll deliver it along with the car and then you can decide if you want to pay him the rest of the $27K less your deposit. If you don't like the car, you can send it back free of charge.

Wonder how many greedy suckers they land with these scams. It must work because they keep doing it over and over.

cartagena 10-04-2007 01:42 PM

The Nigeria scam has netted hundreds of millions of dollars. Here is a link that explain how these scams work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster
Wonder how many greedy suckers they land with these scams. It must work because they keep doing it over and over.