Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #1

Alignment issues

Hello,

I have a 99 986 that has a set of coil overs. Prior to that I had lowering springs.
Since the lowering springs have been installed my camber and toe have been a continuous issue.

I am trying to get the car into ROW settings, if not those I would like opinions on what others with lowered cars are running.I understand that a car that is lowered will bot be able to get an oem allignment and thats fine I am just trying to get the best possible set up with out buying camber plates or toe links.

My driving is 50/50 interstate and back country roads, with about 2 or 3 track days a year.

The current allignment is:

Front
-1.2 camber -1.2 The front coil overs do have built in camber plates, i do not know weather or not they where used to get the current setup.
.08 toe .09

Rear
-1.7 camber -2.2
.4 toe 1.09

My camber on the right side is out of Porsche specs by .2, but my toe is insanely out of spec. The number I have say I should be within 0.0-.17 my question at this point is: am I better off with more camber and less toe?

What does everyone here think??

Thanks for any help.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote