Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #1

Boxstoberfest!! After Action Report

Hey guys, I got back home a little while ago from Boxstoberfest.

It was a blast! I met a few guys from here, Bob from Kansas City, Randall Neighbor from Houston, Rodger - who drove down from Anchorage mofoing ALASKA!! And a few others (I'm horrible at remembering names). Randall was pimping 986Forum with some fliers, so maybe we'll see some traffic.

This morning, we met out at the airport in Fredericksburg, and lined up for an informal car show. There were 73 cars registered, and I bet almost all were there. LOTS of 986s, a few 987s... as well as a few 997s, 996s, Caymans, a couple 944s, a 911SC Cab and a 968.

We set off from the airport in two groups around 10am. I was with the first, which seemed to be more of the leisurely drivers. (No offense to any who happen to be here!) The lady in front of me kept BRAKING going into the curves!! I finally got to a point where I passed her... but not very long before we stopped for lunch. (she got in front of me again when we were leaving the lunch place.... I wasn't having any of that $***, I passed her as soon as I got the chance!) Once we got onto 337... it was curves GALORE!! I'm talking tight up in the mountains type curves!

The drive back to Fredericksburg wasn't quite as fast... but again with the NICE curves! I just wish the people in front of me didn't go so slow!!

We hung out at the Officer's Club at the Hangar Hotel on the airport. A few people got a bit boisterous! It was a good time! Then we went down to the Race Barn for dinner, and the raffle. They had a ton of ball caps, teeshirts and posters, and a few other nick knacks. The 'grand prize' was a set of headers.

Well, I didn't win the headers, but I did win a Porsche Design Boxster watch!

Here's a quick video I shot in the car (sorry it's shaky, and it's not in the twisties... I was too busy DRIVING!): A little Boxstoberfest vid

And a couple pictures:

A little bug matter on the car. You know what Porsche says about that - KILLS BUGS FAST!

Lining up, ready to go!

A particularly juicy curve (note, we were going SLOW... so it wasn't too unsafe to snap a photo)

The lunchtime parking lot... must be a couple million dollars worth of cars:

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"

Last edited by FrayAdjacent; 09-09-2007 at 03:44 PM.
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #2

Cool!

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #3

Hey Fray, you got a shot of my car....

It's hard to see, but I have my speedster humps on and my spoiler up so everyone could read "mach schnell" on the way back to their car.

BTW, I had dinner with the guy with the red Turbo S in front of my car. Nice doctor guy from Brownsville brought his dad.

I meet the nicest people at Boxster events!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
bmussatti

I love the photo with the Porsche crest & airplane!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Randall,

There's a better shot of your car over on PPBB. It features your personalized plate.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #6

Oh Boy. I'll check it out.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I love the photo with the Porsche crest & airplane!

Thanks, that's my car. One of the other guys there with a nice SLR camera took a similar shot, but not so close. I had to trick the camera into focusing on the hood instead of the plane.

Randall, sorry we didn't get to talk more... I lost track of you after we lined up and headed out! Hopefully you had a good time! I did!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #8

ddb, I just found it and snagged it for this thread: