Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #1

New 2006 Boxster

I found a dealer with a brand new 2006 Boxster. It was never sold and has 495 miles.

Details:
MSRP 45,000
Bose Audio 1,900
Heated Seats 480
Auto climate control 550
Floor mats 115
Sport steering wheel 250
Total MSRP 51,150

What do you think would be a fair price?

eziggy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
Pat

With 495 miles, I wouldn't consider that "new." It was most likely a demo car. In other words, it probably has hard miles on it right out of the box. The dealer likely benefited a great deal by allowing it to be driven so much, in the name of selling other Boxsters. I would simply buy it as if it were from a private party in the secondary market. Maybe $42K?
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
With 495 miles, I wouldn't consider that "new." It was most likely a demo car. In other words, it probably has hard miles on it right out of the box. The dealer likely benefited a great deal by allowing it to be driven so much, in the name of selling other Boxsters. I would simply buy it as if it were from a private party in the secondary market. Maybe $42K?
yeah, I wouldn't pay more than that - in a few months you'll be able to get deals at that price or close to it on left over '07 Boxsters, many or most of which won't have been demo'd.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #4

Edmunds says trade in value is $37833, private sale price $39899 and dealer retail $41753. CPO = $43930. But bear in mind that if you paid $43930 today, it would instantly be worth only $37833 (at best) in immediate trade in value. To me this means that there's at least $6000 in wiggle room. Is there an extended CPO warranty (at no additional cost , of course) because of the mileage? You'd probably be able to get good deal on a leftover 2007 with a bit more HP and torque in the base or a lot more HP and torque if you can locate an S. IMHO.
raddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddoc
Edmunds says trade in value is $37833, private sale price $39899 and dealer retail $41753. CPO = $43930. But bear in mind that if you paid $43930 today, it would instantly be worth only $37833 (at best) in immediate trade in value. To me this means that there's at least $6000 in wiggle room. Is there an extended CPO warranty (at no additional cost , of course) because of the mileage? You'd probably be able to get good deal on a leftover 2007 with a bit more HP and torque in the base or a lot more HP and torque if you can locate an S. IMHO.
Thanks. Initially they said they are offering the reminder of the manufacturer warranty which went into effect OCT 06.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #6

The manfacturer's warranty doesn't go into effect until the initial sale (delivery to the retail customer). They'd better be willing to deal to the bone to move out a 2006. There were a few '06's sitting at Holbert's in Warrington PA, just off the PA turnpike, not too far from MD. It might be worth checking out their inventory. I've purchased four cars from them in the past few years and have found their prices to be much better than the larger local Porsche store.
raddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziggy3
Thanks. Initially they said they are offering the reminder of the manufacturer warranty which went into effect OCT 06.

Hi. I wouldn't pay a dime over 40K fo it.....it is your money and your choice but I was in a similar situation except my car was new....I paid about 42 but it had no miles and a fresh warranty.....I wouldn't pay over 40 for it....they will eventually have to move it and as someone already mentioned, you'll be able to pick up an 07 in a bit
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:18 AM   #8

Thanks for the info

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the information. I am buying my first Porsche and this forum has been quite helpful.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #9

$40K??!!

How coly cow. My 2000S must be worth bus fare.
That's allot of car for the price
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddoc
...The manfacturer's warranty doesn't go into effect until the initial sale (delivery to the retail customer).
Porsche is a little different, and the warranty kicks in when the car is registered (with Porsche) as a demo. That said, the warranty clock on this one is ticking. Loaners are the same, and there was an 06 on eBay out of a NYC dealer with 82 miles on it. It was supposed to be a loaner and was registered with Porsche as one. But this NYC dealer wouldn't do loaners with manual transmissions, so the car never had plates and just sat in the showroom. It still has the MSO, but the warranty has been running for about a year.
JackTs2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziggy3
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the information. I am buying my first Porsche and this forum has been quite helpful.
I just bought an 07 from an out of state dealer who was very fair, and I know where there is an 06 with 40 miles and a $55k sticker - they told me what they'd take for it. PM me if you're interested and I'll fill you in.

JackTs2K is offline   Reply With Quote