986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Interested in a Massachusetts Drive? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11940)

tomk17 06-29-2007 06:41 AM

Interested in a Massachusetts Drive?

Anyone interested in a nice 2 hr drive through central Massachusetts? I know there are 3-4 folks on the forum from the local area like DONV and FAB. I found a great route this week out past Mt Wachusett (RT 140 North), short run on Rt 2 West, then down Rt 202 South along Quabbin Reseviour, over to Amherst center, than back home either via the Mass Pike or Rt 9 East. Nice smooth roads, good views, and a lot of shade!

I could get 1 or 2 of my neighbors who have Carreras as well to bring up the rear :). If we could get 5-6 cars it would be fun. Total trip is about 130 miles and would take 2-3 hrs tops including a stop at a point about 1/2 way around the loop in Orange MA. Spouses, friends, or whomever would be welcome!

Let me know your level of interest either here of via a PM. I could peg a date that works for everyone (that could be the hard part), map out the route, identify a starting place and time, etc.

donv 06-29-2007 09:00 AM

I'm interested. Somewhere I have a list of other folks that have expressed interest in local drives in the past - I lost the mailing list I had set up when my web site hosting company went belly up, but I should have the info in another form somewhere. Will let you know if I find it.

Allen K. Littlefield 06-29-2007 09:09 AM

good for you...

...Tomk17, for trying to set something up. I am trying to get some Boxsteroids to do a drive to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome in NY on the 14th of July and have about 5 cars semi-committed. Getting all to agree on a date and meeting place or destination will be the hard part. Also last minute things pop up, especially those with small kids, and folks who would have been delighted to join will have to stay home with other pressing business. That said, don't give up and eventually you will build a little core group that will have a lot of fun driving off to new adventures. Another good destination is the great Air Musueum at Bradly Intl. airport. I wish you well and will follow your progress.

AKL :cheers:

wild1poet2 06-29-2007 02:25 PM

I'd be up for a ride like that. In fact, I've done a similar route on my harley with the guys. It's a good ride. A bit like traveling back in time once you get away from the suburbs. Old mill towns with names like "Belchertown". The Quabbin itself is an interesting engineering feat. At the southern terminus there is an observation tower where you have a good vantage point. I forget how many towns were relocated before they flooded the valleys.