Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #1

2008 vs. 2007 Pricing / Deals

I have begun to see a few posts from those who have ordered 2008 987's. I have been seriously considering a 2007, but have been unable to find the car I want (987S) in Meteor Gray. I have searched dealer websites from CA to IL in vain--there just don't seem to be any Meteor Gray S's available with reasonable equipment packages. I didn't realize that the 2008's would be available in August or September, so now I am considering a 2008.

My question: If you order a 2008, are dealers typically willing to negotiate 10% or so off of the MSRP? Or do you have to pay full sticker if you order a new 987? And when do the fire sales on the 2007's begin, if ever?

socalsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #2

If you want a specific car with specific options the only thing to do is to goto a dealer and order a car with the exact options you want. Tell them you want 10% off, they're ordering you a car so its not like your taking away from their inventory and they wouldnt have a sale from you otherwise cause your not buying a car off the lot. Expect to wait at least 2 months. You could also try calling around to a few local porsche dealers and see who will give you the most % off the sticker price, then order from them.
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #3

if you're looking for something really specific like it looks like you are its best to go and order directly and get exactly what you want. of course, depending on how much money ur willing to waste, resale value is better if ur buying an older car, so in that case 2007 would work out better. theres a reason they're called stealerships...
hope you find what you're looking for
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
If you want a specific car with specific options the only thing to do is to goto a dealer and order a car with the exact options you want. Tell them you want 10% off, they're ordering you a car so its not like your taking away from their inventory and they wouldnt have a sale from you otherwise cause your not buying a car off the lot. Expect to wait at least 2 months. You could also try calling around to a few local porsche dealers and see who will give you the most % off the sticker price, then order from them.

I would agree with most of this, but keep in mind that Porsches are allocated to the dealer, so you are actually taking "away" one from their inventory, even when you do a custom order. So, they have to be willing to give-up an allocation and specific build date to accept your order.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #5

Send me a PM and I'll get you with my Porsche dealer.

Located in Cincinnati, but he'll take care of you. Personal friends of mine.

ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote