986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Looking for some opinions? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11673)

clb0099 06-11-2007 05:54 PM

Looking for some opinions?

I am looking to have some pieces on the exterior of my car painted black . Alittle background on my car . I have my stock oem wheels professionally painted black a well the side air intake surrounding part with the fins painted silver. The front bumper has the 2 mesh inserts painted black . I have the hateful amber oem stock headlights with h.i.d setup in both headlight and also foglight which has no effect on the plastic meaning no melting or anything . The tail lights are aftermarket smoked . Also the third brake light is smoked.

Here is where i need my opinons:

I want to paint the following pieces black :

The side markers (orange now)
third brake light (not the smoke one but the red one that comes stock)
hood emblem ( i am figuring everyone already knows it's a porsche)

Mods done already to the car are the following

Exterior
Crossed drilled rotors
Oem Turbo twist Rims (painted black)
Side Air Intake ( painted Black)
Mesh for front bumper (painted black)
Headlights with 2 sets of h.i.d (12k for the headlight and 10k for foglight)
bumperettes (silver painted)
De-badged on the trunk
Decal "porsche" in silver on rear spoiler visible when up
New lugs nuts /with lock
smoked third brake light
smoked tail lights
Calipers (painted black) Epoxy G2
Calipers "porsche" in silver"
TechArt center caps( i know they are not TechArt wheels but they look good plus Techart makes alot of parts for Porsche ... so i am poser..lol

Interior

All the trim (painted silver)
996 black leather seats 8-way adjustment with wiring harness from 996
convertible One touch hack
Relay for operating roof while driving
New black oem mats
B&M short shift
Aluminum Gauges faces
Obc hack
Cdr -220 radio
Sunvisors recovered in Black leather ( mostly to get rid of that ugly warning sticker)
Black handbrake with the silver button
Oem 6- disc Cd changer
Oem Black steering Wheel (new)
996 & Boxster Seat Back Kit ( painted silver)
Boxster door sills
TechArt Racing pedals

I really don't have any idea how much total for these mods but my Wife's face is priceless when the boxes come via fedex,UPS,USPS,DHL...

Oh by the way the reason I haven't really changed the headlights is cause i am kinda leaning towards doing the 996 conversion but not too sure yet.

djomlas 06-11-2007 06:00 PM

dang man, sounds like a nice setup

boggtown 06-11-2007 06:11 PM

The only reason id suggest to not do the sidemarkers would be it would look better to get the sidemarkers removed and fill in the space with fiberglass/bondo to shave it. Yes, it would be more expensive, but if you might get a new bumper and it will already be at the body shop... might as well see how much itd cost.

rick3000 06-11-2007 10:02 PM

I would go with smoke side markers, not sure about the 3rd brake light. And yes everyone already nows it is a porsche, but don't strip it of it's porsche emblem. I would go with a silver emblem. Against all the black it will really stand out, but removing it may be unique or just look weird, no harm in trying it.

djomlas 06-12-2007 07:59 AM

would there be problems if the sidemarkers are shaved when it comes to putting the front bumper back on?

clb0099 06-12-2007 08:17 AM

with out a doubt... I went to the bodyshop this morning and that is exactly what he said.. He said it's more work to do that then probably buy a new bumper with the sidemarkers deleted