Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #1

Suspension

I currently own a 97 boxster, but after driving an 04 I did seem to notice the suspension felt much comfortable. There are way too many speed bumps where I live and I dont think I have the power to remove them :P .

Does anybody know if there is a good suspension which wont take away from the overall car performance but still has a good feel like the newer models?

juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan986
Does anybody know if there is a good suspension which wont take away from the overall car performance but still has a good feel like the newer models?
First off, what you mean by the suspension felt 'good',was it comfortable, handled great in turns? Could the difference that you felt be do to a different wheels sizes? How many miles are on your suspension,perhaps it's due for the refresh button?

Put the RoW suspension kit on it and it will be better then any new stock suspension available in the U.S. performance wise and it's still comfy as a daily driver.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #3

You have to give us more info on the differences you experienced before we can give good advice on this one.

This could be caused by many different factors, tires, wheel size, stock suspension, M030, aftermarket, etc.

My first guess would be that your 99's suspension is simply tired, whereas the 04 you drove was not.

How many miles on your 99?

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #4

Well, my car has only 38k miles. But both front and back are just stiff (Specillly back). I guess thats the way most of the older models come. I dont believe its because its old. What do you think?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #5

Turns are great, i mean just comfortwise for daily driver.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #6

While 38K miles isn't that many in 10 years.. those parts ARE 10 years old. The car is always sitting its weight on the shocks and springs (unless you put it on blocks). These items do wear out. You might not have notice a gradual degredation in time, but jumping from an '04 to your car has highlighted this. You may also want to figure out what, if any, mods the 04 had, suspension wise that may further explain the differences. Porsche does a great job of constantly improving their cars, even if they still "look the same" year to year.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #7

There are also several other factors that could be at play here: wheel size, tire size, and tire pressure come to mind.

carguy is offline   Reply With Quote