Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #1

Know-How: How to pick up chicks in a boxster

Guys,

I would like to spice up this forum up a notch...

For all the guys out there...

since ya'll own these fat-azz cars, how do you go about picking up chicks? What would your pick-up lines be? How would you approach it in a crowded area? Just curious to know since lots of people dub these cars as "babe-magnets".

JT, perhaps you should run a poll to see how successful our enthusiast have been at snagging babes in 0-n number of tries.

LoL!

Just curious...

lejolierogue

Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #2

Can you change the oil in my car???

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:28 PM   #3

lol, actually there was a study done by a European magazine recently and Porsche owners had sex the LEAST times per week versus owner of other brands of automobiles.

Alternatively BMW owners averaged the most sex per week. That Z4 is looking a little more appealing than it used to...too bad the car isn't more attractive to me.

However, getting back to the topic, I'm generally not the one who brings it up in conversation. Generally if I'm out talking to a girl inevitably one of my friends will say something to the effect of, "Guess what he drives a Porsche!" Honestly I'd rather my friends would keep their mouths shut.

Loved the car, but it was time to get something practical.
2005 Acura TL Nav
Nighthawk Black Pearl on Black
aesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
I heard about that study, but I thought the Porsche Boxster owners were the most likely to have sex in their car or something...seems odd considering how small it is.

When I used to have a 944 I'd have guys go, "Nice car, need a boyfriend?" It totally turned me off. I mean cute guys look even cuter in a nice car, but I can say I've dated a couple of guys who drove BMW's who proved true the punchline of a joke I once heard that ends with, "You don't need a big **** if you drive a BMW."

I hope this pic doesn't offend anyone, but I used to joke with a guy I knew who bought a Boxster and made it. Maybe that's why he'd never let me drive his car...

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:36 PM   #5
b0xt0La

My friends have embarrassed me so many times specially when they are drunk, "THIS GUY HAS A PORSCHE HE DRIVES A PORSCHE". Until now my car hasn't helped one bit get laid, actually I think I got laid more while I had the Ford Taurus.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:08 PM   #6
Forum Member

Watching the on-lookers who check out our Boxster or 911 Targa, around nicer bars, clubs or restaurants as we search for a -safe- parking spot is always interesting. The guys see a nice car and hope a gorgous female driving alone will get out, while the females are hoping a handsome guy driving alone gets out. But as my wife and I exit the car, I'm sure the thought, "Rats! He (she) is taken" crosses their mind. We hate to disappoint them, but we're still on our honeymoon after 5 glorious years!
Old 06-15-2004, 05:18 AM   #7
Forum Contributor

aesir,
No matter how hard i try, i can't seem to have sex with my boxster more than once a week.I'm just too damed busy. I may be the one bringing the average down. Sorry:-(
Old 06-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #8

very funny...liked tool pants approach...can you change my oil...If I was him, I'd ask for an "overhaul" LOL.

N'wayz, I think you guyz should be more aggressive. Just hang around some famous joint, tease the chicks that pass by, do it several times in a month and you should do ok.

Just me two cents.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #9

Quote:
since ya'll own these fat-azz cars, how do you go about picking up chicks?
Heck, if you need to show off your Porsche to "help" you pick up chicks, you might what to check for some other "issues" ...
Old 06-15-2004, 12:49 PM   #10

why, what do you ever mean Rouser...

women tend to like guys with fat wallets, phat rides, stability etc...

it's all in the game of love...
Old 06-15-2004, 06:39 PM   #11

Jolie,
This is the temple of Porschedome where people indulge in the pleasure of the Porsche uber alles. How can we be distracted by mere hot phat looking women when we are driving a roaring pulsating finely tuned german machine ready to rip the pavement apart. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am happily married for over 30 years and not that I don't admire or look at beautiful women but in my case one is enough. After all she is the one that suggested I get the Boxster and bought it for me. I don't need the car to stroke my ego but god how I enjoy driving and owning the car, is almost sinful.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
i can't seem to have sex with my boxster more than once a week
is that legal?

anyway, as far as men in porsches, yes it's a turn on, but I'm very happy with my man who drives a Honda and treats me well...I'm going to buy my own Porsche. I've had my share of guys who think they can impress me with money...it gets old.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #13

ok, ok...I am re-directing it to the single-male hetero enthusiast of this forum...

ms. jolie
Old 06-16-2004, 04:13 PM   #14

Interesting name you picked for yourself:

"The pretty rogue"

Main Entry: 1rogue
Pronunciation: 'rOg
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 : VAGRANT, TRAMP
2 : a dishonest or worthless person : SCOUNDREL
3 : a mischievous person : SCAMP
4 : a horse inclined to shirk or misbehave
5 : an individual exhibiting a chance and usually inferior biological variation

Then to use "Helen Hunts" pic....

Simply fascinating....

I guess there is a reason...
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #15

mickey,
chill man mickey no need to get so melodramatic and harsh over jolie's comments. This is all fun and games and jolie rogue is entitled to her questions and observations like anyone else. I thought we all having a fun repartee with this issue. I found toolman's, diablo's, & love bunny response's witty and funny! My answer is based on the fact that I am 56 and happily married and I have had a bunch of guys tell me that this is a pickup car. Jolie is correct asserting that men and women think of this car as a sex magnet.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #16

You are taking my comment totally out of context, it was meant as a question; as to whom Jolie was and if it was a subliminal joke [her name?]

I only brought it to light, to be definitive of what she/he is...

It was a definition in Webster’s dictionary, I am sorry it bothered you so much...

It was meant to make lite of the name.

Scott
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Mel Diablo
aesir,
No matter how hard i try, i can't seem to have sex with my boxster more than once a week.I'm just too damed busy. I may be the one bringing the average down. Sorry:-(
Hehe, don't worry I don't seem to have the time either!

Loved the car, but it was time to get something practical.
2005 Acura TL Nav
Nighthawk Black Pearl on Black
aesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:20 PM   #18

Dear mrmickeymouse:

Thanks for the comments. I just liked the name after watching Pirates of the Caribbean and fell in love with Johnny Depp who plays capt. Jack Sparrow. He is "le jolie rogue" in this case. And that's not Helen Hunts pic (btw, she's a blonde). I've got several different poses from that nite. I'll use another so as to not deceive anyone in the future.

Ciao!

PS: No one knows the origin of the name "Jolly Roger" for the pirate flag. It is thought to have come from jolie rouge (pretty red), a wry French description of the bloody banner flown by early privateers.

Last edited by lejolierogue; 06-18-2004 at 06:17 AM.
lejolierogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:26 PM   #19
Forum Contributor

le jolie rogue -

You keep posting girl - lord knows we need a little fun around here!!

Matt

Matt (in MA) is offline   Reply With Quote