Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #1

Anybody use a Broker?

I am in the market for a used 2005/2006 Boxster S. In my web travels I came across a "high line auto broker" who claims to have affiliations with Porsche, MB, BMW, etc. They state that they can get used cars directly from Porsche financial, that have been "corporate driven", and are in "great condition". Their prices seem very competetive, and their service seems much better than you would get at your typical dealership.

I am curious if anyone out there has used such a broker, and how the experience was. What exactly do they mean by corporate driven? Is this a demo car that was thrashed by employees who knew they were driving a company car, or a car that was driven gently by some executive? I know, there is really no way to tell.

My initial gut feeling is that the price is good, because there are a lot of unknowns. Kind of a crap shoot?

socalsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to 7th gear
sure...

i dealt w/ a broker once before my 986. he actually tried to steer me in a way i didn't want to go; choosing a different car. maybe that was his way of making sure i really wanted.

i cut him after both our searches came up w/ the same car. he was going to charge me about $3k above the owner's price. i dealt directly w/ the owner @ that point.

imho, if you go w/ a broker, i'd go w/ someone a friend recommended to me who had personal experience instead of the web. this also is just my experience; yours may be better. i don't think i've ever heard/read a good story about a broker yet.

pca member
7th gear is offline   Reply With Quote