Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 AM   #1

Headliner issue

Noticed yesterday that my headliner is pulling away from the frame right in the center. WTF. Def a warranty issue, but it's such a pain in the ass to leave the car at the dealer since they won't give me a C4 or similar as a loaner (dream on!). Anyway, anyone had a similar issue?

dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #2

Evidently not a common problem, guess I'm just lucky. My service manager said this is the first one he's ever seen come apart, so it will have to be replaced. Thankfully, under warranty. The other bright spot is I'll get either a Cayenne or Cayman loaner while they're working on it.
dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
bmussatti

Hi Cutter:

Maybe the Dragon gotch ya!!!

I found this on the PCA National Web Site (Tech section):

Question

"I have been having a problem with my 2006 987S pertaining to the soft top that the dealer cannot seem to fix.

It has been there 3 times for the same problem and as soon as I get it home and operate the top the problem reoccurs.

The dealer wants to replace the entire headliner as they claim it is "manufactured improperly", even though the top worked fine for almost a year.

I am a little concerned at this diagnosis and was wondering your thoughts on the matter. Do you think I should try a different dealership that may have better skilled technicians if this fourth fix fails to rectify the issue?

Any advice would be great."

Answer

"Unfortunately you did not say what the problem actually is. I will assume that the headliner is the problem and that it is most likely falling off of the front. Should this be correct than I would also suggest that the headliner be completely replaced. The headliners have had problems of this for some time and it is common in the Boxster.

I hope you are enjoying the scenic drives in NJ, I used to live in Chester. Should you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me or any member in our committee"

Scott Slauson - PCA WebSite - 8/2/2006