986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   rode my buddys turbo busa today (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11129)

djomlas 05-09-2007 07:33 PM

rode my buddys turbo busa today

holly crap!
thats all i can say
last time i rode this thing was last year, and he kept it kinda secret, so i didnt even know. so today he comes by hes like i added an exhaust, give it a spin.
a little gas, i was like wtf? exhaust...lol.
man this thing is an animal, literly. hes got a few other things done to it, lowered a little, race pipe, black wheels (black bike)...wow

took it out on the highway, wow (not posting any speeds lol)
im still shaking from that thing wow, im so out of it i didnt take any pics <---is this possible?

Cloudsurfer 05-09-2007 07:53 PM

I've ridden a turbo's Busa....power is neat, but the bike is still a fat pig. I roadraced for years, and I still enjoy a well setup, lighter sportbike thats been on a diet.

To each their own I suppose.

Patrick

unklekraker 05-09-2007 07:57 PM

can someone please post a pix of what turbo busa looks like so i could see and join the excitement :o

djomlas 05-09-2007 08:02 PM

well his is not really set for carving up the twisties, hehe, but the power is nuts
he has a nice R1 as well for that

Grizzly 05-09-2007 08:05 PM

Just for You, Unkle..

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...turbobusa1.jpg

Hey, I found this picture of you today...

http://smiliesftw.com/x/drama.gif

unklekraker 05-09-2007 08:17 PM

wow..now i know why dj won't post his speed on the highway :D

thanks grizz!
yah that's me circling around the popcorn bucket and lurking the forum but not too many activities w/c is good :D

djomlas 05-09-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
wow..now i know why dj won't post his speed on the highway :D

trust me you wouldnt either ;)
i loved the bike, it was a very nice 78 degree day here in chicago, and it was nice to get on a motorcycle again

David N. 05-10-2007 12:46 AM

Too much power! Haha, I'm also a smaller bike fan. One thing I discovered about too much power, too easy to wheelie and you have to respect it! I rode a race-prepped Aprilia RS250, and besides the fact the bike is 300lbs and has literally -psychic- steering, I loved the fact that it was just below enough power to really wheelie at all out throttle (at least without help). So just hammer away and joy :cool:

My 750 on the other hand...I have to ease up to full throttle, such a bi@#&!

-David

Chills 05-10-2007 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm750
I've ridden a turbo's Busa....power is neat, but the bike is still a fat pig. I roadraced for years, and I still enjoy a well setup, lighter sportbike thats been on a diet.

To each their own I suppose.

Patrick

+1. That bike is more of a sport tourer. It's fast in a straight line, but I'd rather have something that can turn.

I need to get back to the track.

Hey DJ, I didn't know you rode. What kind of bike do you have?

djomlas 05-10-2007 06:51 AM

Kawi all the way man.
i had 2 kawis, i sold my ZX6r at the end of last summer, my family and GF and everyone was too scared of the fact that i owned a bike, so yea...
we all know theres always close calls on motorcycles, and well frakly way more of a chance of hurting yourself a lot mroe than in the car, but still, nothing like being on a bike :)
btw i had a green one, then got repainted to flat black, had a Cf exhaust, all blacked out hehe ( not the safest thing at night ).

so now i dont ride much :(

Brucelee 05-10-2007 06:53 AM

The Busa is one of the great drag bikes of all time. I understand it tours OK too.

djomlas 05-10-2007 06:55 AM

yes it is, pretty much go straight, if you wanna make a turn, stop, get off, turn it and continue heheh.
my buddys bike has an extended swing arm, and its lowered, so its even worse, swingarm especially

Chills 05-10-2007 06:55 AM

A fellow Kawi owner. Very cool. See my signature? Yes, I too bleed green. All I've owned are Kawis. I started with a '94 ZX6E, then got a '02 9R, then bought my girl a '95 EX500, then bought myself an '04 10R. I still have the 10R.

You're not a squid are you? ;)

dmcutter 05-10-2007 06:58 AM

I recently put Heli Bars on my ZX10R and it's actually downright comfortable on the highway (and 100 lb lighter than a Busa...)

Chills 05-10-2007 07:09 AM

I bet it is more comfortable than stock. Does it look okay with them?

djomlas 05-10-2007 07:15 AM

never fell off the bike in my life :) and i plan not to do so either hehe
i too had a ex500, well 2 of them actually in short period of time, you grow out of them in weeks looks like, but my buddy crashed it with a friend on the back, popped a wheelie down a side street, and of course a woman opens a huge minivan door, and well.... you guess the rest.

i really want to get a zx7r in that crazy orange with 2 intake holes by the headlights, on of my fav bikes
this one:
http://static.sportbikez.net/bikepics/medium/1070142295.jpg

Brucelee 05-10-2007 09:30 AM

Love my Sportster. Looks bad, runs slow.

dmcutter 05-10-2007 09:30 AM

Heli Bars

Chills-
I think it looks fine with the bars...2 inches higher and about an inch farther back. I'll probly put on a double bubble windscreen to compensate for the higher position. My pic was too big to upload but I can send it to you if you pm me your email address.

Chills 05-10-2007 09:49 AM

Thanks. PM sent.

DJ, a 7R... great bike, but that front is the ugliest Kawi made. lol, you like unique stuff.

djomlas 05-10-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chills
Thanks. PM sent.

DJ, a 7R... great bike, but that front is the ugliest Kawi made. lol, you like unique stuff.

i think that front looks mean as hell, as if its about to eat up little kids in the neighborhood LOL
and yea i like weird stuff :)

my GF still makes fun of me for wanting weird stuff, old cars, and weird colors. o well, thats just me hehe