Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 03:33 AM   #1

Rattle at Passenger's Side

My 04 Boxster has an intermittent rattle which sounds as if its coming from the front of the passenger side. It almost sounds as if its coming from the far side of the dash rather than the middle of the door. It sounds like a vibrating sheet of metal rather than say a ball bearing rolling around. As best I can whilst driving I have put my hand on the window, and the perforated metal sheet behind the passenger seat headrest.

I have tried window down but the road noise makes it harder to hear. Definitely if the window is down an inch I can still hear the sound (just).

It might be fine for days, then starts again. The sound makes me think its a 'sheet' of something vibrating so my next idea is to remove the plastic cover under the bonnet (over the battery etc.).

Any ideas?

AWOL is offline   Reply With Quote