Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #1

Anyone noticing bar codes on the back of the drivers' side door windows?

Heyo guys, I have an off-topic question for you. I was recently driving through Maryland, and noticed that a lot of cars there had a barcode that was stuck on the back corner of the drivers side windows. These were placed vertically (not horizontally like normal), and there was green edges. They were probably about 4" x 8" long. Anyone have a clue what this is from?

Thanks

~Aaron

Wonko The Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 AM   #2

could be a # of things - rental car, parking pass, security pass or gated community gate pass. Or maybe it's big brother watching you watch these cars
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:22 AM   #3

Burg - I think there was too many of them for it to be a plant/shop opening. Every car in this little town had it. And it was a little mountain town, so it wasn't exactly gated-community/country club area

I'll just chalk it up to THE MAN trying to put us down.... even if I don't know how he is doing it, just yet
Wonko The Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:59 AM   #4

Its the local bridge. Maryland bridges have barcode readers that existed before EZpass. A lot of people still use them. I had to ask people when I first moved to Delaware.

fishage is offline   Reply With Quote