986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ENZO Ouch!!! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10300)

Joe T 03-27-2007 05:54 AM

ENZO Ouch!!!

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=36333@kcbs.dayport.com :barf:

unklekraker 03-27-2007 06:00 AM

Holy Schnap :eek: I wonder what the owner did say before it hit the wall :D

denverpete 03-27-2007 06:12 AM

There was one shot in the video of a guy coming up and raising his arms as if to say, "What the hell did you just do?" Didn't even look like he was going that fast. Do they test these guys for drugs and alcohol before letting them take the wheel. I'm just saying - he's an actor...

CJ_Boxster 03-27-2007 06:27 AM

understeer is a dirty whore!

z12358 03-27-2007 06:36 AM

That hurt. Looks like he mistook the gas for the brake pedal. Oh well... It's only money. Easy come, easy go.
Z.

alikhan78 03-27-2007 07:13 AM

:eek: Why is it that in every Ferrari crash video there is some sort of concrete barrier or stairs going down or some other car destroying obstacle so close to the track right by a sharp turn? Is that normal on courses?

986 Girl 03-27-2007 07:47 AM

Saw this one a local car forum I'm on... and I'll say the same thing I said here...

I wonder if he had any actual high-performance driving instruction prior to this. If not, then the owner had this coming to him (the owner was the executive producer of the movie Redline, which uses a number of cars from his own personal collection).

speedyellow 03-27-2007 08:11 AM

Could it be a publicity stunt for his movie?

Car is probably insured, good publicity at a discount rate.

986 Girl 03-27-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedyellow
Car is probably insured, good publicity at a discount rate.

Insured, probably, but since they only made 400 of those cars, I doubt that an owner would just let that happen for the sake of publicity for a movie.

Besides, the way I see it is this is negative publicity. The only people that care about the crash are those that understand what an Enzo means, and why a totalled one is somewhat newsworthy in the car sphere. And all those people are not thinking "Wow, cool, maybe now I'll go see the movie."

Edit: And don't anyone try to tell me any publicity is good publicity, as I will never buy that.

dmcutter 03-27-2007 08:55 AM

Dang. Almost looks like he was aiming for that barrier.

ChrisZang 03-27-2007 09:10 AM

When I saw this video I thought about how much I actually learned in auto-crossing.
In my first auto-crosses I was constantly overdriving the car which resulted in HUGE understeer. Eventually I learned to "take it easy" and be actually faster that way. Fortunately the designers of the autocross courses where I did that actually knew that you should not set up a sharp turn right in front of a concrete barrier.

So IMHO I would say that the designers of the auto-cross course are equally at fault as the owner of the F60 who should NEVER had given a bona-fide supercar into the hands of someone who doesn't have the necessary experience.

TorpedoZone 03-27-2007 09:12 AM

That video is heartbreaking. The Enzo looks and sounds cool coming around the corner, then you see that it is headed right for the barrier, and splat! :(

It looks like a guy, maybe a cameraman, is standing right behind the barrier where he hit. He barely flinched! :eek:

Joe

unklekraker 03-27-2007 09:47 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070327/ap_on_en_mo/people_eddie_griffin

here's the update

986 Girl 03-27-2007 10:15 AM

^^ That's not an update... all of that was reported way earlier this morning.

Also, I love how they make it sound like he was on the actual track. From the video it looks like they just threw up some cones in the parking lot for him to "practice" on. Quality.

CJ_Boxster 03-27-2007 10:27 AM

Thats actually Irwindale speedway. been there, good for watching drift events and drag racing

986 Girl 03-27-2007 10:53 AM

^^ Wait... so he is actually on the real track? Do they typically have concrete barriers and cones up like that? *is confused*

CJ_Boxster 03-27-2007 10:58 AM

Yeah, in Irwindales case, yes. They always set up concrete barriers cause they dont have enough land to make a real autocross track. all they have is an oval track that they use for drifting and a 1/8th mile track for honda civics and iroc cameros to race eachother with there pretend standalone fuel management system aka (screensaver on there dash mounted moniter of the fuel input readings from Fast & the Furious 1997 Eclipse)

986Roadster 03-27-2007 11:38 AM

yea i just read this article.........

my uncles enzo i guess just went up in price again!! what is that two in one year gonzooohhhhh!

here's my uncles in one piece.....

unklekraker 03-27-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 986 Girl
^^ That's not an update... all of that was reported way earlier this morning.

Also, I love how they make it sound like he was on the actual track. From the video it looks like they just threw up some cones in the parking lot for him to "practice" on. Quality.

:o I thought it was coz I only see the video :D

SC986 03-27-2007 04:39 PM

"but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said.

IDIOT! He should have the rest of his collection taken away, obviously he made his monet without lack of sense. Let Eddie Griffin drive your Enzo for what reason? A movie? Nope, Nada, no way.