Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #1

Daddy Like...!!

http://www.grouplotus.com/car/car_product.php?id=6&mid=13

Happy Motring!... Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Still want that Noble M12?

How much for it?

I still think the Elise looks better though.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #3

looks like its gonna be a terror on the tracks! wow, i'd love to go a few laps on a track with that

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
boggtown

I got ya beat.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
@ Boggtown,

AHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Imagine something like that pulling up next to you at a stop light!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:15 AM   #6

Hi,

@ Bogg... I don't get it???

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Still want that Noble M12?

How much for it?

I still think the Elise looks better though.
Hi,

Absolutely still want the Noble. M400 for the Street and 2-eleven for the Track. The 2-eleven was just introduced 2 wks ago at the Geneva International Motor Show. There have been rumores of it actually being released, but Lotus would not confirm until Geneva. Lotus Parent Co. - Proton, have had 3 successive quarterly losses, so most didn't think it'd actually happen. Watch for it in the coming months - this car's gonna generate a lot of interest...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 03-27-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #8

Hey Jim,
Any chance you will be getting one to add to your collection? I saw the Exige S on Motorweek this past weekend and all I can say is "WOW"! I have never owned one and I don't think I ever will, but it must be a heck of a car to drive on the track.

Last edited by dcporsche99; 03-28-2007 at 11:13 AM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #9

The new-car auto show is in town this week, and the newspaper has a special advertising supplement with a little blurb about each of the cars in the show. The Lotus article discusses the Elise, and then described the Exige coupe as featuring "an even more punishing ride" because of it's stiffer suspension.
Probably accurate, but a little unusual for an advertising article which I would have thought would have used a more complimentary phrase.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
boggtown

lol, the 2-11 is just basically a go cart with a bigger engine. So I cut out the middle man and upped power a bit. It may not handle as well, but you'll make up for it in the straights! Just needs some 15 inch wide tires is all.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #11

Yea, that is pretty sick. I saw that over on another forum a couple days ago. It has a little S2000-ness to it but much more wicked! I'll take two

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcporsche99
Hey Jim,
Any chance you will be getting one to add to your collection? I saw the Exige S on Motorweek this past weekend and all I can say is "WOW"! I have never owned one and I don't think I ever will, but it must be a heck of a car to drive on the track.
Hi,

I have never driven the Exige (an Elise on Steroids). But, I did drive an Elise on the Lotus Test Track at Hethel, UK, and a pre-introduction Elise (c/o Lotus USA) at Road America. WOW is an understatement. Go-Kart w/ a License Plate!

Totally impractical as anything other than a Fun car. But, it is a FUN Car...

Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 AM   #13

I wish I had more money, so I could buy that thing and run it on the track every weekend..
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #14

"I have never driven the Exige (an Elise on Steroids). But, I did drive an Elise on the Lotus Test Track at Hethel, UK, and a pre-introduction Elise (c/o Lotus USA) at Road America".

So, how did you go about driving those cars on the Lotus Test Track?? You definitely must know the right people (re: to drive a pre-introduction car) ?? I'm impressed! :dance:
Old 03-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #15

Quote:
...So, how did you go about driving those cars on the Lotus Test Track?? You definitely must know the right people (re: to drive a pre-introduction car) ?? I'm impressed! :dance:
Hi,

Don't be. Lotus is a small community and if you're in it for a while, you get to know the players who are all really nice guys.

Our local club used to work the Lotus Display here at the Mpls. Auto Show every year because the local dealer (Downtown Jaguar) really didn't know the cars well and spent their time trying to sell Jags at another display.

We got a pre-introduction Elise for display 2 yrs. before it was released (the Tpyota engine had not been finalized even). We demonstarted the car and actually generated 6 deposits - 2 yrs before they could get the cars. I got to know Arnie Johnson (former CEO of Lotus USA) fairly well through all this and he arranged things for me. Anyone can get a Test Track drive if you take the factory tour at Hethel...

Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #16

I've seen this

I would prefer a Javan r1 personally, although I love this 2-11 as well
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #17

Hey Jim,

Very nice! I'm sure knowing the CEO made it just a tad easier? LOL

BTW, generating 6 deposits,.... they should have thrown in a mod or two for the work that you folks did! That's one thing about "stealerships"....I have yet to meet with a dealer / salesperson who actually knows enough about the vehicle that they sell. I just remember growing up as a kid and walking into one of these dealerships with my Dad and the salesperson really tried to do a hard sell. He really put on a show! I don't see that anymore...there's more of the attitude ----you either want to buy it or you don't.

Anyway, I guess the first place I should take a tour of would be the Stuttgart factory. Do they allow for track time as well?? I will have to look into that. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know anyone there? Would you?

Last edited by dcporsche99; 03-29-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Anyway, I guess the first place I should take a tour of would be the Stuttgart factory. Do they allow for track time as well?? I will have to look into that. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know anyone there? Would you?
I studies abroad at school in the suburbs of Stuttgart last year and we went on a "fieldtrip" to the Porsche Engneering Center. They showed us the Crash Test Garage, Prototype Build Area, Motorsports Garage and a few other things. Then to top it all of they brought out a Boxster S, Cayman and 911 and took us on a few laps around their test track. I liked Porsches before then but had no special interest. Well since then I have been obsesed and cant wait to get my first Porsche when i graduate!!!
Seubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #19

Seubs,

Very nice!! Good luck with your studies and with getting the Porsche of your dreams!!

I have been wanting to visit the Stuttgart factory for some time now. The closest I have been there was at the Munich airport a few summers ago at a stopover before I headed over to Italy. Unfortunately, I have neither had the opportunity nor have I made the time to do so. It's definitely on my list of things to do!!

Last edited by dcporsche99; 03-29-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #20

I've always loved Lotuses (Loti?).. I've longed for a Turbo Esprit forever, and might have gotten one instead of the Boxster if I was more mechanically inclined. I'd strongly consider an Elise for my next toy, except that I think I drive the Boxster too much for the Elise to be livable..

BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote