Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2020, 05:49 AM   #1
Tyler

Garage
WTB Boxster Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Hey all, I just lowered my Boxster and I need adjustable camber arms for the rear, I have way too much camber. If anyone has a lead on a set thats not extremely expensive, please help me out. Thanks!

Former: 2005 Mercedes C230K 6MT.
redbox986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:40 AM   #2

Have you run out of adjustment for camber, or do you have more adjustment to reduce camber, but you can't do it because then your toe would be way too much inward? That is the common scenario and the resolution is adjustable toe arms that provide a larger range of adjustment than the stock toe arms. Something like this:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/TE996TLNK.htm?pn=TE-996TLNK&SVSVSI=1046&DID=33337

There are multiple versions with features such as bump steer, but this is the basic version needed to correct the toe/camber issue described above.

If you have run out of camber range on the arm itself, I think the SPC control arms actually can adjust down to be shorter than the OEM lower control arm:
https://www.spcalignment.com/component/spc/?task=part_description&pid=72610

I am running these but adjusted to provide more neg camber, but I believe they can be adjusted to provide less.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
Tyler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Have you run out of adjustment for camber, or do you have more adjustment to reduce camber, but you can't do it because then your toe would be way too much inward? That is the common scenario and the resolution is adjustable toe arms that provide a larger range of adjustment than the stock toe arms. Something like this:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/TE996TLNK.htm?pn=TE-996TLNK&SVSVSI=1046&DID=33337

There are multiple versions with features such as bump steer, but this is the basic version needed to correct the toe/camber issue described above.

If you have run out of camber range on the arm itself, I think the SPC control arms actually can adjust down to be shorter than the OEM lower control arm:
https://www.spcalignment.com/component/spc/?task=part_description&pid=72610

I am running these but adjusted to provide more neg camber, but I believe they can be adjusted to provide less.
Thank you, upon further investigation it looks like I will be able to get the alignment close to OEM with just the adjustable toe arms - is that correct? I'm looking for no more than -2 degrees camber in the rear with street spec toe (about 0-0.10, I think).

Former: 2005 Mercedes C230K 6MT.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbox986 View Post
Thank you, upon further investigation it looks like I will be able to get the alignment close to OEM with just the adjustable toe arms - is that correct? I'm looking for no more than -2 degrees camber in the rear with street spec toe (about 0-0.10, I think).
That sounds like a good range, on my Boxster when I was lowered on PSS9 I think I was about -2.2 in the back with approx .08 deg toe in per side for a total of .16 degree toe in and before that when I was on M030 I (it has been a while) I think I ran that same toe but around -1.9 -2.0 camber.

Tire wear was good, considering I mostly did track work, but the highway driving to/from didn't cause a lot of inner tire edge wear.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
Tyler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
That sounds like a good range, on my Boxster when I was lowered on PSS9 I think I was about -2.2 in the back with approx .08 deg toe in per side for a total of .16 degree toe in and before that when I was on M030 I (it has been a while) I think I ran that same toe but around -1.9 -2.0 camber.

Tire wear was good, considering I mostly did track work, but the highway driving to/from didn't cause a lot of inner tire edge wear.
Thank you! It looks like I'm just going to go for whatever the least camber is I can get and make sure the toe is perfect. Everyone has said that bad toe is much worse for tires.