986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   WTS: Complete TPC supercharger kit (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3602)

Cold Warrior 09-04-2005 06:25 PM

WTS: Complete TPC supercharger kit

Up for sale is a complete Turbo Performance Center Boxster supercharger kit. The kit includes the Eaton M62 supercharger, 7th injector, wastegate, control electronics, wire harness, piping, mounting brackets and clamps. I bought it used with the intent to put it on my S and later finding a place for a larger supercharger as the M62 doesn't have enough flow for a 3.2 liter engine. Found out that the only thing I could use was the injector, so I've decided to go another route. $2600 shipped. E-mail me at bruinbro@sbcglobal.net or respond to this thread.

Thanks for looking,

Bruinbro

Porschekid 09-06-2005 04:20 AM

What engines is this a direct bolt-on for? Any idea how much use has been gotten out of it already?

Cold Warrior 09-06-2005 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschekid
What engines is this a direct bolt-on for? Any idea how much use has been gotten out of it already?

I know this is a direct bolt-on for a 2.5L 986 and should be for the 2.7L. I't isnt a direct bolt-on for the 3.2L (pre-cat gets in the way and the piping is not set up for the twin balance tubes for the intake) Even if it could be mounted on a 3.2 it wouldn't produce any appreciable extra hp as the blower doesn't have enough flow capacity.

As far as it's history, I don't know about that but could ask the Speed Gallery if they know (that is who I bought this unit from used). The S/C vanes are in fine shape and turn freely. The injector seems to be clean but I haven't flowed any gas through it. The pipes and hoses are clean (need to replace the hose clamps) and the wire harness/connector is in good shape. The serpentine belt is frayed and I will be purchasing a new one to go with the kit (included in the sale price).

Thanks,

Bruinbro

Porschekid 09-06-2005 11:03 AM

See if you can't find out which it is a bolt on for... I believe between the 2.5 and 2.7 there was a couple differences in the kits.

-thanks

Cold Warrior 09-06-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschekid
See if you can't find out which it is a bolt on for... I believe between the 2.5 and 2.7 there was a couple differences in the kits.

-thanks

Sorry, The S/C kit has been sold this morning. If you are still interested in the difference (if any) of the kits I will ask when I call TPC as I need to talk to them about the serpentine belt. I'll post the answer when I get it here.

Thanks for the interest,

CW

Cold Warrior 09-06-2005 11:57 AM

The S/C kit has been sold.

Thnaks for looking,

CW