Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #1

17" Boxster S wheels powdercoated black

Hey Guys,

I just put 18" Turbo Twist hollow spokes on my 2002 986S so I'm selling the original OEM "S" wheels. They are the standard 17" size (7" front/8.5" rear). I had them professionally powercoated black about two years ago (cost me $480). They are in great shape and are not bent or curb rashed. They do have some dings/scrapes, a couple fell over when off the car and one was dinged from a tire changer machine when I first had them done. I got plenty of complimenets and no one ever noticed the blems. If you are really anal, these are not for you. They would be great track wheels, a nice upgrade for those with 16" wheels or you could run them on your everyday driver as I did up until this weekend. They are absolutely true and not curbed or dented, just some cosmetic blems. They are in the SF East Bay and I really don't want to ship them.

If you act now I will throw in the fancy Porsche valve stem caps! They don't include center caps.

$400 obo

Thanks!

Attached Images

Old 08-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #2

I forgot to add, the tires are pretty much done. The fronts are Michelin Sport Rib (N2), the rears are Bridgestone RE050A Pole Positions. The fronts are done for sure, the rears have some life in them and worked fine on the street, never had a problem. But I would count on replacing the tires, the rears just recently got to the wear bars.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #3

As there hasn't been much interest, I may consider shipping them (you pay shipping of course). This is what they looked like on car.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #4

I'm interested, but I'd need them shipped to 78266. Any idea on a shipped price?

Thanks.
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

I can check on it. If you want to save money, I can have the tires pulled off. The rears are usable (I measured 3-4/32 across rears, 4 at the outside) but I wouldnt bother with the fronts to be honest, up to you. If you dont want the tires this may be an option.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #6

would you do 350 plus shipping without the tires?
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #7

Sold! Thanks.