Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #1

Topspeed headers/Dansk Sport Cats F/S

Hey guys, I have a deal for someone. I purchased this exhaust from another forum member about 6 months ago. I had the entire exhaust CeraChrome plated. This a a metallic/ceramic coating that greatly reduces the heat buildup in the engine compartment, never blues, and looks fantastic. Earlier this summer, I had the exhaust installed by RennSport in Nashville. I really thought it sounded great but it was a bit loud for the wife. So I had it removed and my original exhaust re-installed. This exhaust includes:

2 TopSpeed stainless headers, CeraChrome plated inside and out
2 Dansk 200 cell Fi-Flow sport cats, CeraChrome plated outside
2 Stainless clamps with fiberglass gaskets

Headers are originally for a 2.5 liter engine. I had them installed on my 3.2. The added backpressure helps with performance. I have WAY more than this invested in this exhaust. Just trying to recoup some of my losses.

Asking $800 USD plus shipping.

Contact me directly at deannorman@comcast.net for more pics.

Attached Images

Last edited by Dino; 08-01-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #2

willing to separate? would the cats/pipes fit a 2.7?
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Did you just hook this into your original exhaust? Isn't the exhaust what makes it louder and not the headers and cats...I'm still learning so forgive the dumb questions. Do the cats here basically go where the secondary cats go on a boxster 'S' ?
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #4

how much for the sports cat only? Im thinking about running stock headers with sports cats.
socalbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #5

Hey guys,
Sorry for delay in responding. I'll answer all questions here:

"willing to separate? would the cats/pipes fit a 2.7?"

I'd really prefer to sell them as a package. You'd need 2.5 header to work with these cats anyway.

"Did you just hook this into your original exhaust? Isn't the exhaust what makes it louder and not the headers and cats...I'm still learning so forgive the dumb questions. Do the cats here basically go where the secondary cats go on a boxster 'S' ?"

I have a Fister Motorsports modified stock muffler. I really didn't think the headers and cats would make as much of a difference as it did myself. Yes, these replace the secondaries but don't fit with stock headers.

"how much for the sports cat only? Im thinking about running stock headers with sports cats."

Sorry, cats only fir with 97-99 2.5L header such as these.

I really need to sell these so they are going on eBay in a couple of days in no one here is interested.

thanks,
Dino
Old 08-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
The added backpressure helps with performance.
Can you elaborate on that? Dyno data?
jlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #7

I don't have any dyno data foor the exhaust. I didn't have in installed for very long. I'm going by the info that I've gathered here. From what I understand, the engine needs sufficient backpressure to operate properly and replacing 4 stock cats with 2 hi-flo cats can be too free flowing without smaller pipes. Once again, I'm no expert here. I'm just going by what I've read on this and other forums.

Dino
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #8

Exhaust has been sold to a fellow forum member. Thanks.