Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #1

Parting out 01 s, 52k miles: engine, trans, GAHH top, TechArt, more

I dinged up my boxster at the track and have decided to part it out. the driver is perfectly fine. (thanks to the latest and greatest in safety gear in the car)

there will be tons of stuff added to the list but here's a start...and I know I need prices attached to these so I'll put in some placeholder / obo amounts.

All parts are coming off a 2001 S, ~52k miles.
Two-owner car; I’ve owned it for 8 years. Immaculate condition, fully serviced / documented – 60k mile service just completed. The car has significant body damage from a collision with a tire wall and is being parted out by owner and local race shop.

Engine: running beautifully; new spark plugs in Oct 2010, K&N drop-in air filter in and new serpentine belt in Sept, all other services performed on time and documented. Never had a CEL or any other indication of issues. Factory updated IMS, under warranty, in 2004. RSS udp installed.
With our without the TechArt V3 Power kit which includes headers, full exhaust, and ECU. This setup adds considerable grunt across the RPM range and provides sonic joy...what I great sounding setup! And the confidence of having one of Porsches best tuners tweaking the car for reliability, drivability, and power.
engine is $5k obo. $2,500 for TechArt kit

Transmission: 6-speed in stock form and working perfectly; transmission / differential fluid just flushed in Sept 2010; can include B&M short shift kit and EVO linkage. for add'l $150
SOLD

Axles / CV joints: new inner CV boots in Sept 2010
SOLD

Full brake setup: Original rotors and pads with approx 40% life remaining. Street use only. Rotors and pads were upgraded to PFC 2-piece floating front rotors and new OEM rear rotors, coupled to PFC 97 pads at 50k miles. That setup, in conjunction with the stock calipers and stainless steel lines, has ~2,500 miles on it, including 6 track days.
all of it for $1,600

Full stock ‘S’ suspension plus TechArt lowering springs: includes stock struts with no visible signs of damage...car was driving great when I took them off. They came off a month before the car was wrecked. front and rear upper strut mounts, front and rear sway bars with drop links, toe links, and TechArt lowering springs. the whole setup came off the car before it was wrecked.
SOLD

GAHH glass window top: black A5 fabric, glass window, defroster. Installed by Premier Auto Upholstery (probably the best shop in the bay area) in 2009. Excellent condition. Includes frame.
SOLD

TechArt silver-painted lower center console, upper center console, and batwing. Excellent condition. Comes with ‘smoker’s delete kit that replaces astray with storage cubby.
SOLD

I have a strong preference for local pickup in the SF bay area.

thanks

Last edited by FUHRIUS; 03-26-2011 at 10:06 AM.
FUHRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #2

Is that $150 for the SSK and shift linkage?
PorscheNewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
SoK

PM'd you about the headlights, are they clear? Never heard back, thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #4

the headlights are not clear

thanks for the interest
Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUHRIUS
Factory updated IMS, under warranty, in 2004.
Huh? i did not know there was a Porsche IMS update...
Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #6

Do you have a column 4 indicator stalk?

Do you have a column 4 indicator stalk? (turn, cruse, light, OBC)
aploutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #7

Smile techart headers?

hey, i'm from Sf bay area as well and would be perfect for easy pick up. i'm in need of a replacement primary catalytic converters for my 2001 S. Is the techart headers connected to the cats? Need to make sure it will pass smog. thanks
eldridge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #8

headers are available

email me directly at johnleck@comcast.net and let me know what specific pieces you need.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #9

I'm looking for the small wireing harness for the rear speakers on the stock stereo. Or any aftermarket components. if you have any of these please e-mail b.cleasby@hotmail.com
Thanks.
myride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #10

suspension & sway bars

Sorry to hear about your Boxster.

Would the suspension set-up & sway bars work on 03 base 986. please email me at sven dot dharmani at gmail dot com

thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #11

Evap purge valve

Do you have the evap purge valve and how much you're asking including shipping? The part # 99660520101

Thanks.
trandinh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #12

Question A/C blower motor

I need the fan blades (squirrel cage) that attaches to the a/c blower motor. Cant find it anywhere. Willing to purchase the whole blower motor with fan if price is reasonable.
greggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #13

parts available?

i would be interested in the rear trunk lid or the gahn covertible top if available.

thanks-
eldridge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #14

Carpet

I might have already posted on another link, but wondering if you have the black carpet main floor piece.

2001 blk/tan Boxster 18" turbo twist wheels

2003 gray/tan Navigator
rgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #15

no carpet

all the carpet it gone.
I do still have the rear storage box...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #16

i'm interested in the rear storage box.
..Mark
c-more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #17

skid plates

interested in back & side plastic skid plates
also that little bracket on drivers side roof that the 9" ss cable connects to wayne 831 234 3209
WRGREENER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #18

Do you have wheels?

Quote:
I dinged up my boxster at the track and have decided to part it out. the driver is perfectly fine. (thanks to the latest and greatest in safety gear in the car)

there will be tons of stuff added to the list but here's a start...and I know I need prices attached to these so I'll put in some placeholder / obo amounts.

All parts are coming off a 2001 S, ~52k miles.
Two-owner car; I’ve owned it for 8 years. Immaculate condition, fully serviced / documented – 60k mile service just completed. The car has significant body damage from a collision with a tire wall and is being parted out by owner and local race shop.

Engine: running beautifully; new spark plugs in Oct 2010, K&N drop-in air filter in and new serpentine belt in Sept, all other services performed on time and documented. Never had a CEL or any other indication of issues. Factory updated IMS, under warranty, in 2004. RSS udp installed.
With our without the TechArt V3 Power kit which includes headers, full exhaust, and ECU. This setup adds considerable grunt across the RPM range and provides sonic joy...what I great sounding setup! And the confidence of having one of Porsches best tuners tweaking the car for reliability, drivability, and power.
engine is $5k obo. $2,500 for TechArt kit

Transmission: 6-speed in stock form and working perfectly; transmission / differential fluid just flushed in Sept 2010; can include B&M short shift kit and EVO linkage. for add'l $150
SOLD

Axles / CV joints: new inner CV boots in Sept 2010
SOLD

Full brake setup: Original rotors and pads with approx 40% life remaining. Street use only. Rotors and pads were upgraded to PFC 2-piece floating front rotors and new OEM rear rotors, coupled to PFC 97 pads at 50k miles. That setup, in conjunction with the stock calipers and stainless steel lines, has ~2,500 miles on it, including 6 track days.
all of it for $1,600

Full stock ‘S’ suspension plus TechArt lowering springs: includes stock struts with no visible signs of damage...car was driving great when I took them off. They came off a month before the car was wrecked. front and rear upper strut mounts, front and rear sway bars with drop links, toe links, and TechArt lowering springs. the whole setup came off the car before it was wrecked.
SOLD

GAHH glass window top: black A5 fabric, glass window, defroster. Installed by Premier Auto Upholstery (probably the best shop in the bay area) in 2009. Excellent condition. Includes frame.
SOLD

TechArt silver-painted lower center console, upper center console, and batwing. Excellent condition. Comes with ‘smoker’s delete kit that replaces astray with storage cubby.
SOLD

I have a strong preference for local pickup in the SF bay area.

thanks
Previous Toys:
2005 RX-8, RIP
1989 GTA, 5 Speed, Procharger Supercharger and 2 Core Intercooler, 1 3/4" headers, 3" Flomaster Exhaust, cat-delete, digital ignition, bigger fuel injectors
Oaktown 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #19

no wheels

I don't have any wheels
Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #20

Quote:
I don't have any wheels
Do you have the 4 fan relays? They have the number "53" on their top surface and they are located in the relay tray by the driver's side kick panel.

Regards, Maurice.

schoir is offline   Reply With Quote