Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #1

F/S Ipod connector for CDR-220

I got a new stereo for Christmas and don't need the cable anymore. It plugs into the back of the CDR-220 and connects to a power wire and ground (I think I used the plug for the integrated telephone). Then the other end plugs into your Ipod just like the charger, it does charge the Ipod while you're using it in the car.

It's not worth anything to me and I'm sure one of you could make use of it. So, you pay shipping and it's yours. So, $5-6 shipped in a padded envelope 1st class mail...

This is the cable and the place I purchased it from.
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=993

Happy Holidays!

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

yellowboxster-

I'll take it. Sounds like a great start to the new year. I'll PM you with my email address.

thanks

-silverboxter
silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboxter
yellowboxster-

I'll take it. Sounds like a great start to the new year. I'll PM you with my email address.

thanks

-silverboxter
Sold to silverboxter.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
Sold to silverboxter.
Haven't heard anything from silverboxter. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, it'll be back up for sale.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

in the interim, what did you replace the 220 with? does it have an ipod connector? iphone?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #6

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I was stuck on the road. Snow had really tied up traffic on I-15 here in Southern California. Tied up for just over four hours. Anyway, still interested....I sent you an email.

thanks

-Wil
silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon
in the interim, what did you replace the 220 with? does it have an ipod connector? iphone?
Pioneer MVH-P8200BT, yes it has an Ipod/Iphone hookup, USB, Bluetooth, and SD card. It doesn’t have a CD Player at all on the unit it’s a digital media unit. I absolutely love it. It doesn’t look tacky because I was able to retain the amber colored display. It has a small 3” screen that displays the song, artist, and album title along with album art if you have that on your Ipod. It also plays video off your Ipod/Iphone and you can download pictures to the deck to use as screen savers.

Best of all it was $179.99 with wiring harness, factory stereo removal tools, and the antenna adapter, plus free shipping. I got the $40 Pioneer cable to use my Ipod. The total was right around $220 from Crutchfield.