Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Sale - Struts front used 2000 Boxster 'S'

I just replaced the front shocks on my 2000 Boxster 'S'. I live in a bumpy country area and felt I might need them. I put on Bilstein HD.
The original shocks have 53k miles on them, have no leaks, and from hand tests I've done on them seem in great shape...just a little easier to push and slower to react then the new ones. If you live around smooth roads, have high mileage and are looking to replace yours, and want to save a few bucks, I'm sure these have plenty of life left on them. I actually won't know if the new ones help me until the darn snow melts.

I'm posting these cause I hate to just throw them away, I'm sure there are many daily drivers that could save a buck. I would like to just help someone out.

$60, plus you pay shipping. I have the box the others ones came in and will ship at lowest cost possible. If you find there is something wrong with them I won't cash your check...easy enough. I would order a new lock nut for the top if I was you, Pelican has them, mine are fine but they say not to reuse.

If you want the top bearings I'll throw them in too, the old ones were fine, I got new ones just in case, not a job you want to have halfway done and need a part.

Hope this helps someone.

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote