986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Black neoprene seat covers (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24882)

Mark_T 05-22-2010 02:43 PM

Black neoprene seat covers

Still in great shape. The perfect thing for covering up those trashed old seats while you save up the money for new ones, or just to protect the nice seats you already have. They are made to resemble the factory upholstery and actually look pretty good for seat covers. A smokin' deal at $60 plus shipping.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/oshikuru/seatcover.jpg

These are made to fit the standard seats - won't fit the sports seats.

mdimant 05-25-2010 08:54 AM

You're killin me! the batmobile stuff is great! Are those seat covers less sticky in the heat?? If they're gone, where did u get them? I would like a light grey set for wifes car. Thanks pal, Martin 253-514-9002

Mark_T 05-25-2010 09:28 AM

Thanks - the graphics credit goes to my photoshop-happy buddy.

The covers are very comfortable in the hot weather - you can actually get in your car that has been sitting top-down in the sun without risking leather burns. They also add a layer of padding which increases comfort.

They're not gone yet, but they are black, not grey. I had them in my grey interior car and I thought they looked fine. The sport seats that I now have are also black and they look awesome with the grey interior.

I got them used from another forum member. Neither he nor I know what brand they are. If you are set on grey, then Cover King and Wet Okole make very nice covers, but they'll run you about $300.

Mark

RandallNeighbour 05-25-2010 11:05 AM

They were indeed cooler on which to sit compared to the leather, especially with the top down.

(I'm the other forum member who owned them before Mark ... I think!)

Mark_T 05-25-2010 01:39 PM

Yep - you're the guy that had them before me. They were just the thing to cover up my ratbag old seats while I shopped for new ones.

RandallNeighbour 05-26-2010 06:46 AM

We should write a movie script.... The Brotherhood of the Traveling Porsche Seat Covers

aparmex 05-26-2010 07:50 AM

Is that price for the two seats covers?, Can you send them to Mexico? How much for the shipping using USPS? Thanks.

Mark_T 05-26-2010 11:59 AM

That is the price for two seat covers. I can't ship USPS because I'm in Canada, but I will check out a shipping cost via Canada Post and get back to you shortly. I'm getting a quote for someone in Oshawa (also Canada) so I can get yours at the same time.

aparmex 05-26-2010 06:27 PM

Ok, will wait for the quote, thanks

Mark_T 05-27-2010 01:24 PM

I'll probably need to know where in Mexico to get an accurate quote.

aparmex 05-27-2010 08:52 PM

I am in Leon, Guanajuato
Zip. Code 37500

Nitro 05-30-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_T
These are made to fit the standard seats - won't fit the sports seats.

I'm sorry if this is clear to most readers, but what is the difference between the standard seats and the sports ones? Is it obvious? I'm asking because I think my seats look similar to the picture, but depending on the amount of variation, I'm not sure I will know the difference. If these would work for me, I'd definately buy them.

Thanks,

Nitro

Mark_T 05-31-2010 06:51 AM

The sport seats have wings in the shoulder area and larger bolsters. I would expect shipping to be in the $20 to $30 range, but I can get an exact quote if you pm me your address with zip code.

Here's a pic of the sport seats:

[
http://www.members.shaw.ca/oshikuru/sport.jpg

Mark

Mark_T 06-07-2010 01:50 PM

And buy them he did! Thanks Nitro.

Nitro 06-18-2010 10:19 AM

I received my seat covers today!! I'm very excited to put them on. Thanks Mark_T !!

blue2000s 06-18-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

The sport seats have wings in the shoulder area and larger bolsters. I would expect shipping to be in the $20 to $30 range, but I can get an exact quote if you pm me your address with zip code.

Here's a pic of the sport seats:

[
http://www.members.shaw.ca/oshikuru/sport.jpg

Mark

Do you have a comparison in the bolster sizes? Others have stated that the only difference is the shoulder wings.

Mark_T 06-18-2010 11:13 AM

Don't have the old seats anymore so I can't really check. The new seats are a more snug fit with my hips and lower sides, but it could be that the old seats were so bagged out they had no support left.

blue2000s 06-18-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Don't have the old seats anymore so I can't really check. The new seats are a more snug fit with my hips and lower sides, but it could be that the old seats were so bagged out they had no support left.

I've had that happen before. Two sets of identical seats from the same year, 2002, one set was owned by a larger guy, the other a thinner guy. Now the seats that used to be owned by the bigger guy are noticeably less snug.

RandallNeighbour 06-18-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro
I received my seat covers today!! I'm very excited to put them on. Thanks Mark_T !!

Those seat covers were under me all the way from Houston to Northern California and back!

You'll enjoy them immensely during these hot summer months.

BTW, if you have the time, taking out your seats to put them on really makes for a much better fit. Getting your arm under the seat to get the bottom straps secured is a pain with the seats bolted down. Just be sure to disconnect your battery first so you don't get an airbag light.

Nitro 06-18-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Those seat covers were under me all the way from Houston to Northern California and back!

You'll enjoy them immensely during these hot summer months.

BTW, if you have the time, taking out your seats to put them on really makes for a much better fit. Getting your arm under the seat to get the bottom straps secured is a pain with the seats bolted down. Just be sure to disconnect your battery first so you don't get an airbag light.

Thanks for the great advice -- I would have struggled with them in the car without your tip. I also most certainly would have gotten the airbag light if I had tried to take out the seats as I would not have disconnected the battery. I'm learning so much on this site. Thank goodness everybody is so nice and helps us new owners get up to speed!!