Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #1

WTB - plastic velcro disks

Hi,

Kinda new to this. Just picked up a used 98 Boxster and it had some cheep aftermarket floor mats. So I found a great pair of floor mats on Craigslist but it only came with 1 Velcro disk that can be screwed into the factory carpet kit. Anyone have a set that they would be willing to sell? Or can someone tell me what part # I'm looking for and recommend where I can find them. I've been casually looking on the internet but really haven't found anything.

Thanks

Kevin

kbayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbayashi
Hi,

Kinda new to this. Just picked up a used 98 Boxster and it had some cheep aftermarket floor mats. So I found a great pair of floor mats on Craigslist but it only came with 1 Velcro disk that can be screwed into the factory carpet kit. Anyone have a set that they would be willing to sell? Or can someone tell me what part # I'm looking for and recommend where I can find them. I've been casually looking on the internet but really haven't found anything.

Thanks

Kevin

I ordered two from my local dealer a few weeks ago. Best 10 bucks I've spent in a long time. My car was missing the two on the drivers' side when I bought it and the driver side floor mat would always slide up near the pedals.

Part #: 986 551 985 00

It should be number 19 on this image:

http://www.********************************************.com/porsche-parts/986-97-04/807-02.php
Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Pat

BMW dealers also sell the exact same thing, maybe for less.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #4

My floor mat has been floating around due to a missing disk for a few months now. On the way home from work today I stopped by the BMW dealer to see if they could help me out. Sure enough they had one in back that they gave me... free... nada... nothing!!! Pretty good end to a Monday.

tamarsha is offline   Reply With Quote